CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tires................AGAIN!!

Northman

All right, I'm going to be due for a new rear before the end of the month, prior to my departure to TN for the Hoot.

My AV39 is still in excellent condition, and provides all the grip I need. The AV40 wore out way too quick, but was excellent for grip as well. The AV36 was much better for wear, with only slightly less grip than the 40.

Should I buy an old stock 36 to match the 39, or buy a 46? I see no point in replacing the front tire, and probably won't until the tire after that.

Just concerned about matching characteristics.

Perhaps Carlos would be the most experienced here, and can help me by answering this question? :???:

Hi Chris,

Definitly run the 46 :grin: , It replaces the 36, meaning its an Improved tire :grin: , sticks better lasts longer. as far as matching goes ask John at Avon, dam lost his number, Its toll free :)

good luck

Harry

Speaking of the Avons 45/46, the last month about a dozen guys got these tires and seems more are following suit :) We all run the same size :wink: how about a group buy say 10 fronts 15 rear :cool: Its has to worth the trouble of doing this If we can get these super cheap :) . Of course I do not have a clue how to do this just my .02. but count me if if its worth it :wink:

Harry

The problem with that, would be the shipping, unless we all ordered at the same time and they were will to ship to 10 different locations. Guess it would be worth a try though. BTW, I just put on a set (45/46) last week.