CBR1100XX.org Forum

Has your blood pressure dropped?

Jette

For years my blood pressure has been "borderline," what doctors now call pre-hypertension. This is 130-140 over 80-90. More than 140/90 is Stage I hypertension. I am only in my second week of induction, and was very surprised at my new BP readings. My systolic, the big number, has dropped more than 10 points. My diastolic has dropped nearly as much. I am now normotensive!!! This diet works wonders! I just found that Dr. Eades (Protein Power) talks about this effect. Supposedly, insulin causes your kidneys to retain too much salt, which means too much fluid, which means high blood pressure. What has your BP done?

I was traditionally 150/90 when I was 65lbs heavier. Once I dropped the weight, my BP dropped to (last time I was in) 112/73. Best part was my resting heart rate, though.... went from 80 to 61.

I did Adkins to drop the first 45 or so, then diet and excercise to drop the last 20. My cholesterol went through the roof on Adkins. Most likely due to not having enough complex carbs. I like pizza too much to make it a lifestyle choice, though.

• 4 weeks later...