CBR1100XX.org Forum

My Bird has GAS!

ElChingonCabron

Well everyone has been asking me about the progress of the N2O install so I'd thought I would post an update! First of all, for some reason my photo account is not workin so I can't post photos yet...can anyone host them???

To get everyone up to speed (hehe) I decided to install a NX Express kit in my XX with hopes of maybe doin a bit of drag racing this summer and make them Busa boys scratch their heads :twisted:

Mithrandr (aka Justin) offered to help me fabricate a custom fiberglass underseat tray to "hide" the bottle. The kit came with a 2.5 lb bottle that is just over 4" in diameter and about 13" long. I can't thank him enough!!! :grin: I could never have done it without him! I have never done this fiberglass stuff before and watching the process was awesome and Justin is truly an artist! Currently I just need to fill and sand the tray some more and then paint it BLACK so that it stays out of site...as it is, no one even knows it is there unless I point it out :wink: I get just a small tire rub, about 1"x2", but all I need to do is sand that part just a bit more and all will be good!

After having the tray made I went and saw a buddy of mine to install the jets....what size you ask? How does a 60 shot say? BUWHAHAHAHAAA!!! I also installed the Irridium plugs as well. The arming switch is on the left side and when armed, the horn switch becomes my N2O activator....pretty slick :razz: The boots between the carbs and the engine itself are very narrow and we actually had to slightly drill through the clamps to place the jets. This actually took a bit longer than I thought for a few reasons...one, we had to move everything around (nitrous solenoid, fuel pump and array of stainless wiring) so that the tank would seat properly. Second, well lets just say Alan came to the rescue for us! Whenever we tried to accelerate the bike would stumble and shut down....we knew it had to be a vaccuum leak but where?!?! Senor Alan arrives and within 30 seconds (literally) he diagnosed our dilemma.....we had been hooking up the back left vaccuum line to the wrong site and the service manual picture did not help us! We slapped the tank back on and vroooooom she roared to life! Woooohooooo.....test ride number one gave me my third and final problem.....when I hit the juice it hit but it did not seem to hit very hard.....when we came back to the garage we noticed that we had a leak...well, make that several....

Well I decided to take the bike home and figure it out for myself....a bit of retightening all the nitrous lines and she was ready. So I warmed my bottle (warm bottle=higher psi=better boost of juice) and went for a run......HOLY CRAP!!! Not knowing what to expect and then seeing shit go by like buzz lightyear was unfuggin believable!!! This now pulls harder and faster than my old '00 ZX12R and it should as seeing that with a 60 shot (60 hp boost) I am probably pretty damn close if not over 200hp at the rear fuckin wheel!!!!!! :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: Besides the new plugs, the only thing done to the bike has been slip-ons, K&N filter and rejetting of the carbs, I never dynoed her before but will do a dyno run soon to compare on and off the juice.

I have even had my first Gixxer1k kill :cool: I rolled onto the freeway and paced alongside the Gixxer, he pulled into the left lane and gave me a big nod, I saw him downshift.....look over at me and suddenly put the hammer down! I was just in 4th gear and at about 6k rpms, I went WOT and hit the switch and his 2 bike jump disappeared faster that a twinkie at a Richard Simmons camp......within about 1/4 a mile he was a DISTANT image in my mirrors.....the fuggin look he gave me when I passed him was AWESOME!!! :lol: I was doing clutchless shifts while keeping the button pressed and stayin WOT with all of my weight pressed onto the top of the tank.....the front end wanted to pop up with every gear change (down one tooth in the front also) and was extremely light under acceleration as the tach was just screamin into the upper RPM's!!!

My mother-in-law who I hate like you can't imagine actually saved me some dough by helping me make a bottle blanket....only this one has dualstar.com heating grip elements in it so that I can warm my bottle for runs to keep the psi up around 1000psi. I will have it wired in within the next few days. They cost about $150-250 bucks and the one she made for me cost about $35 to make! She may even start making some to sell for extra cash....it looks sweet!

I have done several quick runs from a start and have hit the juice as soon as second gear and it is absolutely addicting and scary as hell! If you have even thought about it I'd say do it.....cheap hp and bigtime fun!

I work and have classes tomorrow but will try and get the pics up asap for eveyone to see...I will also be going for a dyno run soon and will put up a copy of the dynocharts (con juice y no juice) and a video of the run afterwards....in the meantime I will be keeping an eye on my plugs and using high octane fuel per NX Express recomendations and may or may not need to retard the timing one degree or two.

Muchos to Justin who got me high in my garage with fiberglass resin and Alan for helping me use the right hole for my vaccuum line :wink:

Laters-

Santiago

'98 XX all juiced and ready to play :shock:

OMG, I was wondering when someone was going to do this to there XX. Would really like to see photos of your bottle placement.

Ken

Santiago, I'll host the pics here. I like to keep photos of my work and do a little writeup with it anyway, so it's killing two-birds with one-stone.

:shock:

I just realised what I wrote there..... Ummm.... pun not intended!

:oops: :lol:

Glad to help Santiago. It will be nice to see what YOUR taillights look like for a change! :wink:

I can't wait to take your bike out for a test launch! Glad it's all coming together.

Alan

Crazy Man... I love the power surge of my mod'd Turbo Kawi. The XX must be crazy with Nitro (hope it doesn't hurt the engine).

Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks for the comments doodes, Justin is on a work related trip but will help me with the photo's when he has time :wink: The bike is still kick AZZ!!! Everytime I put the hammer down and hit my happy button she wants to jump right into warp speed :shock: Unfoogin believable acceleration :twisted: Lots of eye candy for when it is shown as well.....I want to polish the bottle but am looking for a Dos Equis beer can to cut out the aluminum and stick onto the bottle itself :twisted:

As far as refills for a 2.5 lb bottle.....like I said, cheap HP at 3-4 bones a pound :shock: :cool: I have two sneaky pete's (10oz) bottles that I will eventually T in and have mounted on either side of the subframe hidden by the plastic.....can never have enough spray onboard :wink: So far I have only reloaded my 2.5lb twice....I can't give a very accurate measurement but I figure about 30-40 runs on the bottle.....did I say cheap HP???

Power Whore-

Sanch

'98 Blackbitch on the spray with a fat 60 shot....BUWHAHAHAHAAA

BTW Toxxic.....so what exactly is the law for N2O in Washington state? :cool: Considering it says "Race Only" I am guessing it would not be prudent to divulge my secret if I am ever stopped :wink:

Sanch,

I'd have to research the law regarding the "juice", haven't ever encountered it, or thought of it. But I'd imagine if you got stopped the least of your worries would be the "Juice", I think the Reckless Driving ticket would be more of an obvious problem.

The same logic was applied reference my license plate lamp............or lack of! :lol::lol:

in Ca its leagal to have a nos kit as long as the bottles are closed on the public roads. I ran nos in my 99 Camaro SS and was never hastled when pulled over anb the bottle stock out liuke a sore thumb. :) It does not help when trying to talk your way out of tickets. If they see the bottle you are getting a ticket for something. I then hid the bottle where the spare tire went and what they did not know did not get me a ticket. But Nos and NX make remote openers so a flick of the switch and you have open bottles and the heater comes on with auto shut off when at the best temp. I hope your warmer has an off switch. It is not fun when the blow off valve goes off :) and n20 fills your car it tastes like SHIT if you dont rout the blow off valve tube to out of the car. the stuff they sell for use in motors has 1part per million or so of sulfer to keep kids from snorting it. And it WILL blow the blow off valve or rupture the tank if the presure builds to much from the heater.

yeah, yeah. I'm back. Just need to trim down his photos and post. Won't be until tomorrow arvo I think. Tomorrow morning will be spent talking with Mr Dyno Man dialing in the PCIII with the Akra exhaust

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: