CBR1100XX.org Forum

Whole food, healthy pesto & pasta???

I love Gnocchi, and most of them are pretty much just potato, not just starchy bleached flour like most pasta.  Do look at the labels.  Fry's (Kroger) has two brands that are 91% and 92% potato, with a bit of flour.  It's not perfect, but I think it's damn close, for an occasional fun meal.

Pesto sauce is traditionally super oily and total garbage, but it doesn't have to be.  Just use pine nuts and water instead of oil.  Use nutritional yeast instead of cheese.  It's real food, and tastes fucking great.  I put a pile of basil into a blender, a bunch of garlic, lots of pine nuts, bit of potassium chloride, and some thyme.  Dash of lemon and some water, blend until smooth and add water if it's too thick.  Simple, fantastic, nutritious.  I typically air fry some squashes to go with it, or broccoli.

Amazon sells huge bags of pine nuts at a great price.  Move them into vacuum bags or freezer zip-locs and freeze.  They will stay good forever basically.  They are great on salads, and even in traditional marinara.  High nutritious, with high quality fats.