CBR1100XX.org Forum

Liftpod FS80 Portable Man Lift ---- anyone ever use one?

rockmeupto125

Didn't know whether to put this in the garage cuz it's a tool, or handyman because it's for projects, or the pub for more coverage, but here goes.

There's a small manlift, lightweight and portable advertised on FB locally.  It's the sort you would get from an equipment rental, and in fact, that's who is selling it.  It looks pretty neat, simple and relatively easy to transport and store. it has enough weight capacity that one could actually take a tire or box of parts up to a higher shelf for storage.

Anyone every used one? I guess they are made by JLG, but I've seen exact copies under different brand names.

LE9631E.JPG

17 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Didn't know whether to put this in the garage cuz it's a tool, or handyman because it's for projects, or the pub for more coverage, but here goes.

Political and Religious bullshit.  It's made of Chinese steel and you better pray to your choice of deity that it doesn't kill you.

• Upvote 1

Ran many types of man lifts in my day, never seen one like that before. Pretty simple and neat design, Doesn't appear to go much higher than your average 8ft ladder but that is also where this can come into play. depending on locations and work needed to be performed the use of a ladder requires 3 points of contact at all time and is not to be treated as a work platform. This would free you from both of those requirements. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was listed for $1300, new they are $3500-ish.

That's a nice price. I debated about it. This would help with insulating the garage when I have to do the ceiling but is way too short for other things like cleaning my gutters. If I could do that with a small device I would sell the bucket truck but I'm not paying that much for something that will have limited use in my hand.

• Upvote 1