CBR1100XX.org Forum

Retatrutide; the next wave in diabetes and obesity peptides

SwampNut

I was interviewed for this article, and I'm starting on the generic in a week or so when it arrives.  I'm currently using tirzepatide (Mounjaro) but have hit the max dose and body is fighting it.  I tried semaglutide (Wegovy, Ozempic) with low results.

Fuck the FDA and pharma.

https://archive.ph/20231020122024/https://www.wsj.com/health/pharma/the-next-hot-obesity-drug-wont-be-approved-for-years-online-sellers-hawk-it-anyway-e04d7cc3

A potential blockbuster weight-loss drug still years away from U.S. regulatory approval is already being sold online, another example of a thriving gray market for unapproved weight-loss medications, according to a Wall Street Journal review.

The Journal found hundreds of merchants offering the new drug, which is being developed by 

and is called retatrutide. Most appear to be Chinese sellers shipping directly to U.S. consumers from sites such as Made-in-China.com. Some of the sites, including ones that appear to be based in the U.S., have marketed their products via posts on  , LinkedIn and Reddit. A handful have run paid ads on Instagram and Google. A fitness influencer has offered it for sale via his newsletter.  

I got 3 months supply of Ozempic for not me, when I was in Poland back in summer. Half of my cousins are doctors, prescription was not an issue. Paid 100%, no insurance, etc, full price. 1200 Zlotych or 300 bucks, 100 bucks per month. 

But hey, United States has the best health care ever. No gouging. Lol. 

Edited by tomek
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

From China? You are brave man. I pray everything will be fine. 

On the other hand even moderate exercise and portion control works just as well. But, hey, it is your body, not mine.

Edited by tomek

On 10/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, tomek said:

Or portion control and regular exercise. Works every time.

Not always, people are born diabetic and others are insulin resistant. My wife is one of them, weighs 125lbs and even the insurance companies are a freaking nightmare to deal with because she isn't 300lbs. Her arm sensor for blood sugar levels isn't covered either because she isn't 300lbs.

Took over 2 weeks of phone calls for her (2) prior authorizations for her Mounjaro shots to be completed for the next yr. 

She stays active, eats like a small bird to maintain blood sugar levels and if she loses any more weight has issues with the medication because of the dosage to body mass ratio.

• Useful/Thanks! 1

Jesus Christ, what a fucking moran.  I thought about unblocking Tomek's posts here to see if it was a rational discussion, and then you go and do it for me.  Goddammit.  

Exercise and nutrition can get people a certain way.  Worked for me for quite some time, then, A1C creeps up, no matter what I eat.  I had this conversation with a neighbor last night, who is controlled for now with daily walks of 3-4 miles and keto.  Oh, and he's trim or maybe underweight.  He should just put down the fork and exercise.  On the other side we have medical people who are clueless too, who have looked at me like I'm crazy when they would ask how I'm controlling blood sugar; "exercise and nutrition."  ...What...?  They are probably thinking type 1 or something, dunno.

Day 1 of retatrutide was interesting.  I did the lowest dose, even though I'm coming off high-dose tirzepatide.  It was like doing a speedball, I assume because of the glycogen release from the glucagon agonist.  I had infinite energy and it was also unpleasant.  It made me impatient, intolerant, and angry at everything that didn't go perfectly.  Then I couldn't really sleep, and here I am tired as fuck this morning.  Ah well, it will stabilize with time.

3 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Her arm sensor for blood sugar levels isn't covered either because she isn't 300lbs.

They aren't covered for me because pre-diabetes isn't important.  I guess they hope you become fully diabetic on another insurance and preventing it is not important.

4 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Not always, people are born diabetic and others are insulin resistant. My wife is one of them, weighs 125lbs and even the insurance companies are a freaking nightmare to deal with because she isn't 300lbs. Her arm sensor for blood sugar levels isn't covered either because she isn't 300lbs.

Took over 2 weeks of phone calls for her (2) prior authorizations for her Mounjaro shots to be completed for the next yr. 

She stays active, eats like a small bird to maintain blood sugar levels and if she loses any more weight has issues with the medication because of the dosage to body mass ratio.

Well, she was born like that. It is different. 

My good friend doctor, got good number of patients with prediabetic conditions cured by telling them to eliminate rice, potatoes, bread, anything with flour, cookies, etc, anything with high carb and sugar content. And getting their asses of the couches. 

That's what I would try first instead for being guinea pig for some company in China. 

That's all.

5 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

BTW, tell her to avoid the Dexcom G7, there was a big push to get people to "upgrade" to that.  TIL it has a 20% failure rate.  I was wondering why I had so many problems, even though I use a shield, plus a full cover.  Yesterday another new one worked for a few hours, then the motherfucker dies and there's an alarm that wakes me up, and I didn't get real sleep after.  And you can't force it silent at night.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tomek said:

Well, she was born like that. It is different. 

My good friend doctor, got good number of patients with prediabetic conditions cured by telling them to eliminate rice, potatoes, bread, anything with flour, cookies, etc, anything with high carb and sugar content. And getting their asses of the couches. 

That's what I would try first instead for being guinea pig for some company in China. 

That's all.

While true moving a bunch more and avoiding a lot of foods can greatly increase your bodies ability to reverse pre-diabetes. 

We have become a nation of quick food that isnt good for you, processed foods and entertaining ourselves with couch time instead of more active ways. 

Yep, huge dislike for drugs myself. Then suddenly at 38 or 39 years old After a RacerXX meet I can't move from joint pain, started doing my own injections after being diagnosed of being the poster child of Rheumatoid Arthritis head to toe. 

Now I take injections, side effects include super high blood pressure. On a low dose med for that, D3 vitamins as I have to avoid sunlight and my body is producing antibodies rapidly against these injections, take this pill to slow that down and make them last longer. But wait, there is more. That medication will make you nauseous as a pregnant woman, take this to aid in that as well. 

I miss the days of taking something for a headache, now I got one of those daily pill containers and injections to just allow me to move. Guess the good news is I can still walk, fuck and ride motorcycles. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

I have mild RA, and CBD seems to calm everything when I really overdo it.  

Have wanted to try CBD out, which type of do you use and brand?

My company has voiced against the use of it unless it is from a reputable manufacturer as there is a zero tolerance of any drug. Not as if manufacturers are willingly leaving or adding THC in their products. Just havent looked into them to try out anything for joint pain. 

I can't recall whether this is absolute zero THC, or just the legal limit.  I use Lazarus Naturals, recommend it.  I have no idea what else is good, this works.  I've referred them to a few friends and some call it a miracle.  I had been buying the 50mg, and then they had a huge sale on 200.  That kicked my ass the first time.  So...you cannot get high on CBD...riiiiiight.  And now it only has the therapeutic effect.  I do mostly only take it at night/evening after overdoing it, not daily.  I had a couple after my 8 mile day at MotoGP.

There's are threads about it.

• Like 1

Oh, and back to retatrutide, so far, blood sugar control is not great, but I'm on starter dose.  And I slept very little again, but I feel fine, and focused.  At four fucking AM (note that 8am is too early to me).  I woke up to a dead server, jumped into it decaffeinated, and all the commands I needed were in memory.  This is not normal in typical best cases, certainly not 4am.  I keep cheat sheets of my complex/rare commands to refer back to, didn't need it.  WTF

Starter dose was 2mg two days ago, on the same day I would have re-dosed tirzepatide (Mounjaro).  So I'm coming down, overall, off of the GLP/GIP part, hence the sugar control issue.  I hit 170 with some carbs last night which is not terrible, not my new normal.  I could instantly feel in with huge fatigue while it was there.

0DC5A95B-A1E8-43BD-9D31-02A26DAC3418_1_102_o.png

Zepbound  seems to be more effective.

"Novo’s Wegovy (like its sister diabetes drug Ozempic) targets receptors of the GLP-1 hormone, and has shown in trials to cut around 15% of people’s body weight. Meanwhile, Zepbound, which targets both the GLP-1 and GIP hormones, has shown up to 21% weight loss in trials."

10 minutes ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

Zepbound  seems to be more effective.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion.  Zepbound is just tirzepatide, which is Mounjaro, zero difference.  Retatrutide has been well proven to beat tirzepatide in nearly every measure.  They didn't even bother packaging Zepbound differently, just changed the label and shipped it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, this. Portion control, responsible eating and regular exercise don't come with those potential side effects like suicide thoughts, hair loss and couple more. As a matter of fact during exercise body releases feel good hormons - endorphins. So it is win win. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/03/health/glp1-agonist-side-effects-fda/index.html 

Screenshot_20240103-213858.png

On 11/8/2023 at 8:01 AM, SwampNut said:

Day 1 of retatrutide was interesting.  I did the lowest dose, even though I'm coming off high-dose tirzepatide.  It was like doing a speedball, I assume because of the glycogen release from the glucagon agonist.  I had infinite energy and it was also unpleasant.  It made me impatient, intolerant, and angry at everything that didn't go perfectly.  Then I couldn't really sleep, and here I am tired as fuck this morning.  Ah well, it will stabilize with time.

8bcjic.jpg