CBR1100XX.org Forum

OK, I'd know this if

N1K

Sorry to pimp out the Garage...

I'm sure I'd know the answer to this if I hung out in here more often.

I need to do an oil change on my bike (2002 xx). Where's the best place to buy a filter and what brand?

What kind of oil also? I think last time I just bought a gallon of honda something...

RonAyers.com has decent pricing on the filters. Just buy a few extra, because the minimum shipping is like $7. There is also a combo deal that includes a filter wrench. Carlos has the info on his site.

I'm not even going to mention oil! :lol:

Steve

Amsoil has a superior filter and oil for the Bird. One of the our members that lives in your area should be able to hook you up. You'll be able to pick it up at the local warehouse for the dealer cost.

Nik: I've got filters and the wrench here. Head this way and we'll do it on Saturday.

As for Oil, I use Mobile 1 15w50 Red cap.

Saturday'd be iffy... I have my aunts wedding reception (picnic only) on Saturday at 2 pm...

Thanks for the offer... If I can take a rain-check maybe one of these weekends... (unless I get around to tackling it in my driveway)

:)

hey big guy. if you tackle the job your self, go to wally world and get a super tech st6607 filter and a gallon of mobil 1 15w50 or shell rotella 5w40. and dont dump the old oil down the sink :wink: .