CBR1100XX.org Forum

beep beep

beltwaybob

My XX does a really silly thing. I discovered accidentally with my fat thumb trying to cancel the turn signal, I hit the horn button instead. I thought I felt the engine cut out for a split second. I tried it over and over and it seems very intermittent, but about once in 5 or 10 little beeps of the horn, the engine hesitates, just barely detectably. This would be at 70 or 80 mph (on a closed course by professional riders, don't try this at home) with even throttle, not accelerating or decelerating.

It's a '99 (fuel injected)

duh,

beltwaybob

Yeah me and my buddy would play different tunes and melodies with the horns as we ride down the road :grin:

This would be several hundred beeps in a couple minutes. Riding on a closed coarse and we are the professionals :twisted:

no problems yet.. other than I replaced my little stocker horn with a freeway blaster... :wink:

Ya, Pete, that is kind of what I am thinking. My battery is 5 years old and I have kind of been lulled into laziness because the Honda is so bulletproof. It always starts very quickly and shows no other problems.

So if I get a new battery in there and upgrade the piss horn, what is the best loud horn for the money? Where did you get the blaster, Krypto?