CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stock XX Dyno sheets

XX4me

Has anyone dyno'd their stock XX on an air fuel monitoring dyno.

If so can you post it or email the sheet to me and I'll post it.

I'm looking for the stock air fuel ratio numbers for the different RPMs.

I've got a dyno run for mine when it was stock, except for a K&N air filter. but I only have a printed copy. If you have a fax# I can send you a copy. If it'll work that way for you, pm me.

I've got a dyno run for mine when it was stock, except for a K&N air filter. but I only have a printed copy. If you have a fax# I can send you a copy. If it'll work that way for you, pm me.

Does it have A/F ratio on it? If so I have a fax number :)

Here are the two I've recieved so far.

Thanks KCbird and daveszx302

KCdyno.jpg

Davesdyno.jpg

As you can see there is some discrepency in the air fuel ratio between the two. Neat how the HP and torque curves are so similar though.

Wow, that air/fuel is a lot leaner on his, different year or mods?

Mine was tested bone stock, '01, at 4000 ft elevation.

My sheet is the bottom one for your info.

The folks who tested it told me that it would post higher hp & torque if tested at lower altitude but with talking to you I wonder about that?

Bike was tested in Sturgis, S.D.,,,not West Bend, WI.

Anyway, good luck with your tuning and keep us posted!

Dave

So aK&N filetr is worth 3 hp & 2 ft/lb? What year is his? I didn't buy one cause everyone said it wasnt worth anything, guess I will go order one now. :sad: Plus it looks like it leans it out a lot better for performance.

-Dave

Here..... let me throw a monkey in here.

Has you ever seen this equation?

HorsePower = Torque X RPM / 5252

Now go back to those spead sheets and tell me what you see, and then tell me why.

Now do you see the problem?

WTF?

Yes, I've seen that equation many times, it's true for eveyr dyno ive had for my car, as typical car dyno graphs cross over at 5250 rpm (hp & tq) unless they are v-tec or exotic intakes. I think it has something to do with intake runner length vs cam timing. Typical car has intake runner length of 10+ inches vs typical bike has 2-4 inches which boosts top end hp vs bottom end torque.

Mabye someone else can better explain.

-Dave

Torque is a measurement of force.

Horse Power is a measurement of force ( or torque) over time (RPM).

So... none of the above charts are correct...

...where did I see the one that crosses at 5252 ????

Anyway,

HP and Torque are always the same at 5252, and there-for there paths always cross at that point. If they don't... something is very wrong.

As someone already pointed out.... it's a mathmatical equation.... intake runner lengths don't change it, but a faulty set up Dyno does.

So the next time you get a Dyno sheet that doesn't cross at 5252, Tell the guy you want your money back. :wink:

On most dyno sheets, you have a different scale for torque and horsepower. HP on the left, TQ on the right. There's nothing wrong with the dyno charts listed above.

Hmmmm... OK, so what you are saying is that all of those sheets are just showing a set of different HP graphs...

Still fucked up if you ask me.... where is the torque graph then?

The numbers on the left side are HP, the numbers on the right are torque.

Draw a vertical line at 5252, and look where it'd hit each the HP and torque lines on the graph- the go to the left for HP, right for torque. Both sheets have the bikes putting out something in the mid-sixties (torque and HP) at 5252.

Now I see which numbers you are talking about.... :banghead:

That's about the stupidest thing I've seen in awhile.... 2 different values on the same graph.

Wouldn't want to use the numbers on the left.... that might confuse someone. :roll:

:lol:

OH Well..... maybe next time I'll catch the bus.