CBR1100XX.org Forum

Emergency rainspout fix

RXX

Well, I guess the drought is over and I am caught 4 fat tires to the wind and needing to unplug the main rainspout. You know, the one wifey will walk DIRECTLY under tonight in the dark & get soaked and come in to find me passed out, trying to get a little sleep before my 18 hour shift tomorrow? The one where she lets me know she got wet, and asks, "I thought you were going to get the ladder, climb up on the roof, and clean it out?"

I'm fucked. Or not..... Hmmmmmm, beer and ladders and real tall (3 story) wet roofs don't mix. I know this because I met a quadraplegic who had (failed) to do just about the same thing, and he was a baptist, so was prolly sober.

Then the muse says to me..... "Philip, beer and internal combustion engines were made for each other. Feel the force, it is strong within you. Seek out the appropriate loud tool for the job."

LEAF BLOWER!!!

Just cranked that puppy up (in the garage, of course, it is raing pretty damned hard) and it miraculously sputters to life, scaring cats & dogs into the house. I pushed the nozzle as best I could into the lower spout, and after being subjected to a shower of leaves, sticks, roofing grit & a few old nails, the flow started.

Sweet!

Time for spaghetti & beer, satisfied is I.

• 2 weeks later...