CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike Bandit

I just ordered some parts from Bike Bandit. They have all the schematics on line. It was fairly easy to find what I needed. It is a bit of a challenge to figure out from the picture, if the fastener you are looking for matches what is in the drawing. I rely more on the location, than the depicted image.

What annoys me is that the stupid little plastic trim clips from Honda (push in to lock) are three bucks each. I think my local dealer was charging four or five dollars each. Spare levers ( which I hope never to need) ran $65 for the pair w/o hardware.

I'll write in again after I get the order.

I just ordered some parts from Bike Bandit. They have all the schematics on line. It was fairly easy to find what I needed. It is a bit of a challenge to figure out from the picture, if the fastener you are looking for matches what is in the drawing. I rely more on the location, than the depicted image.

What annoys me is that the stupid little plastic trim clips from Honda (push in to lock) are three bucks each. I think my local dealer was charging four or five dollars each. Spare levers ( which I hope never to need) ran $65 for the pair w/o hardware.

I'll write in again after I get the order.

John's got the plastic dealys for $6 and some change, and you get a bag of 10

edit:

http://www.bikebits.us/productdetail_singl...p;ProductID=298

$6.95

• 4 weeks later...

Johns bike bits man! I used to order from bandit a lot. Last order, they sent me grips I couldn't use. l I placed another order a week later. Well, most of the crap on that order was cross-shipped, so I didn't get the order for over 2 weeks! Bike bandit likes to stall an entire order when they are waiting on $5 worth of $200! I got the parts and asked them if I could return the grips with my next $200+ order (I have the disease). I was notified that I had waited too long, and I wouldn't get anything for those $15 grips. That totally pissed me off! Here I am spending over $1000 a year at bike bandit, and they wouldn't even give me credit for $15! Hell, I would've let them take 15% for stocking. So, I informed them that they wouldn't be getting any orders over $20 from me again, and have stuck to it. I can't say they suck, but I can't say. . . .Well yeah, I'll say it.

BIKE BANDIT SUCKS!!!

• 3 years later...

Had a couple good experiences with Bike Bandit. Only use them now when I can get free shipping. They don't always have the lowest prices, but could get the parts that I needed and have a large selection.

As mentioned above, I'v used their site just for the schematics. Hell, they have an Iphone app.