CBR1100XX.org Forum

Travel Trailer, RV, 5th wheel maintenance questions...

Animal Mother

Hey all who might own one of these! :lol:

I just picked up a very sweet 29' Terry Travel Trailer for $1,700.00. It is very straight and only needs the cosmetic stuff. Will be a great project.

Before I go online to try and search this, I thought I might come here and pose the question first, as so many always seem to have great info :wink:

Mainly, I would like to know if there are any sites out there basically dedicated to the "Do it Yourselfer" when it comes to fixing these up. Mainly, I would like to know how I can get rid of the decal striping that goes along the trailer, as it is worn and chipping off. Also, I need some advice on how I could "strip" the outside and repaint it. I could definetly do it, I am just not quite sure on how to prep the outside. Is there specialty paints just FOR these things?

I think a lot of the work on the inside will pertain to simple everyday stuff you do when you are fixing up a house. For example, it comes with great exposed wood shelves and drawers and I will take them off and sand and stain them.

To recap though, if anyone can lead me to a site such as this (where they cover restoration of TT's and stuff), I would be very appreciative.

Thanks! :wink:

Steve

For the Decal removal.... use a pressure washer. A good strong pressure washer will blow even old stickers right off.

In terms of Prep and Paint, as long as you don't have any rust or rot, use a corse brillo pad and soap-n-water, then prep, primer(althought not alway necessary), and paint with just about any automotive paint and color.

Easy for me to say and do, Hard to explain everything properly.