CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chrome Plating

Speed99

I'm lost...what is all this "BUMPING"???

They want to keep this thread on top so I won't forget that I need to start letting others benefit from the $2000 in chroming equipment that I have.

BTW: Dad bought a sand blasting set-up. I need to remove the rearsets and work on those. I am planning to produce my first pieces this weekend. Really!!

I am planning to produce my first pieces this weekend. Really!!

I got 2-1 odds that he doesn't get around to it. :razz:

:poke:

And i thought i would have some pieces chromed by the NEXXT to show off your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Maybe he'll have some things chromed on his bike for NEXXT.

I'll have to give it a good once over.

Nothing! Trust me, I wish it were different, but you will see nothing special about my bike at NEXXT.

Here is the deal: As much as I wanted to have this going already, I don't. The only excuse (and truth) is buying the equipment with dad during a time when there was nothing going on in my life except kids (every other weekend). I posted this thread and immediately got slammed with extra work at work, travel at work, home projects that could not be neglected, still have kids every other weekend, etc. I have tried to plan 5 different Saturdays to go work with Dad on this and everytime we have had something come up.

Please rest assured that I have not forgotten and you all will the absolute first to know as soon as I have a piece completed. I know I have teased you with this for a long time and for that I apologize. Shit happens. :grin: My biggest liability right now is TIME and as soon as I can free some up, you will see some product.

Don,

We need to chat at NEXXT about a prisoner exchange program and how we will handle it so I can practice. Polish for Chrome, etc. We finally have bench grinders and all the wheels and polish necessary to do our own.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...