CBR1100XX.org Forum

Jetting recommendations?

Phalanx7.62

I have a 98 with stock air filter and Scorpion CF slip ons. I live in MI, not sure of elevation. Any jetting recommendations for this setup? I rode it today for a few miles, and there is a terrible soft spot in low to midrange. The it finally winds up and goes.

This was a short ride, as the the XX was NAKED. This means no upper, headlight, fender, sides, or tail fairing, or windshield.

If you want a good indicator of the XX's true power, lean on her with no fairings on the bike!! Wow

Robb

Was the upper cowl on? If it was off then you were letting to much air into the carbs.

I knows this only because I did the same thing and it had a dead spot not a soft spot.................as far as jetting there are a few guys here that have done it and I am one. I used the Factory jet kit with the 150 jet (i.e. no drilling) and had it dino tested with a full system on.

Some of those jet kits are just a Dyno jet kit by another name.

Both Factory Pro and Dyno Jet kits have been used by forum members. Most think the Factory Pro is simpler to put in and does a great job.

I used the Factory jet kit with 145 mains and their needles.

K&N filter and Akra slip-ons.