CBR1100XX.org Forum

Throttle Buzzz on my CBR XX

RicksCBRXX

I just bought a CBR 1100 XX and I am wondering what to do about the throttle BUZZZ. It is very slight but enough to make my throttle fingers tingles hard after 30 minutes or less.

I've since been told the bike is notorious for this due to the engine mount at the frame? I haven't read ANYTHING about it anywhere before so I assume it's an easy fix? :lol:

Well, something is definitely different than what we're accustomed to. The factory stock XX is inordinately smooth compared to many other bikes in its class. The engine uses dual counterbalancers, and there is very little "buzz" transmitted through the frame and bars. What little remaining is damped adequately through the bar end weights. See if you can find another stock XX to compare; if it's new, I'd recommend you take it back to the dealer with your concerns. If you bought it used, investigate whether the previous owner made any mods to the handlebars or bar ends. I also have never heard of complaints regarding uncomfortable vibration levels transmitted through the XX bars.

http://www.superblackbird.org/forum/showth...p?threadid=6542

This should provide a great deal of information about vibrations. There has been a lot of discussion about this issue among the Brits and it's interesting that it's hardly ever been discussed on this forum.

There is often a slight vibration in the grips of my 2001 which can cause a mild tingle in my hands. This has been true whether I'm using the OEM, Pro Grip Gel or BMW Touring grips. I also have a Throttlemeister installed.

Actually, I've reacted to this same thing, but initially figured it was part or riding a type of bike I'm not used to. Seeing now others with the same concern perhaps there's something to it.

Basically, my hands (fingers, mostly) go numb after 45 mins. to an hour. It hasn't been a big issue for me, as I've found ways to change grip, relax, etc.

The engine feels really smooth, but my handlebars vibrate quite a bit.

I notice it most of all between 65 and 75 m.p.h. Exspecially at 75 in 6th gear. My ride to work is only 22 miles long. 12 of it on the Freeway. This morning my fingers were completely numb. I nearly had to pull over and stop.

Today I got in some Gel Grips Ordered last week. They are supposed to be a huge help. I'll let you know.

I will also check for loose anything as I just bought the bike used with 11,000 miles (1999) from a local dealer.

The bike is really smooth and runs great except for the minor Vibration that causes a major Buzz in the finger tips.

B.T.W. It is smooth as silk at 160 M.P.H. In fact I was surprised to look down and see I was THERE! :shock:

I'll investigate some more and keep you up to date. I might try some Heli-Bars to lighten my Load on the Grips?

Check out heavier bar end weights. The stock ones look tiny. Biggest ones I've ever seen and currently using are from a 750 katana. They should fit by using your stock bar end screw. Also people fill up their clipons with bb's and then fill it in with sillicone.