CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stereo/Hi-Fi junkies wanted

Travlnman

I have tried the compact CD player on the XX with so-so sucess, so I'm thinking about going the MP3 route, I don't know squat about them so I'm inlisting you tech heads out there.

I use a chatterbox 40 channel CB that the MP3 would run through on my trips if that matters.

Here's what I'm looking for.......

Compact MP3 player hopefully not more than $250ish

I don't know if they come with this feature but it would be nice to have built in FM with a seek/scan button(ever tried to find a radio station at 65mph??)

I don't have a MAC so I don't want to use the IPOD.

My home computer has a 10 gig hard drive and 512 megs RAM so I figure I may not be able to use some super-duper MP3 but that's OK.

Personally I use my Pocket PC as an MP3 player. If you have any use for a pocket computer, this is a good way to get both in one. If you don't, then it's not worth the extra expense. A decent PPC can be had for $200 and a 512MB card for just over $100.

While on this subject can any of you recommend a good set of head phones that are real small in order to fit comfortably between my big ass head with Dumbo ears and the helmet? I just bought a new HJC and I want to have some tunes to ride to Cody with.

I just bought a Sonic Blue Rio S50 MP3 player, upgraded from a Diamond 600. Both will provide skip free music at the volumes you need.

the S50 has the radio tuner built in, uses MMC memory cards so you can swap them out for different songs (although with 128 mb built in and another 256 available via Secure MMC cards, it's not really necessary).

My only complaint is that the controls weren't made for someone wearing gloves.

I've also got an Archos Jukebox Studio 20, with a 20 GB hard drive, that I would NOT recommend buying. It's got a skipping problem, the controls are crap, and it randomly forgets my settings and locks up the controls. Plus, even though I can fill it up with MP3s, I only want to listen to a small selection of them when I'm riding.

I'm currently using the Chatterbox in helmet speakers, but I'm looking for some custom molded earplug speakers for a reasonable price instead. Anyone got a source for those?

Collett electronics sells mini blasters for 29.99 there probably the same speakers being sold at aerostich. I don't know if there is any difference in the price. I had purchased a communicator from Collett with these speakers and they work great as for the communicator :sad: not happy. Hope this helps.