CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight bulb upgrade

The Mess

if anyones interested the bulb mentioned in the thread is a philips xenon bulb and they wont melt your plastics but they brighten up the road fantastic ive used them in all my cars and bikes well worth the money around £20 over here wich is around $30 to you guys over the water

Please, no flames, just personal experience.

I picked up a set of Rpine bulbs on ebay late last year and just got around to putting them on the bike. No jokes, the low beam 100 watt is brighter than both the low AND high beams in the 55 watt. I have people flashing me with just the low beam on, then I hit my real high beam on them and see an X'ray shadow of them going AHHH!! :lol:

The shipping this guy charges is insane, but if you pick up two or more sets you can save a lot of money. I got 4 bulbs for like $20 shipped. And they do look like HID's. The bulb is blue, but when it lights up it has that purplish/bluish/whitish HID glow. I've had probably 4 different kinds of bulbs between the car and the bike, and these are the only ones that give the correct color.

Here I go again- being "Mr. Know it all":

A brighter bulb will throw out more lumens, but will have the same pattern if no changes are done to the reflector/lens of the headlight assembly. There may be a chance of more light scattered from reflection off of illuminated road surfaces, but that blind spot on the left during right handers will still exist [reference 2000 bird].