CBR1100XX.org Forum

Is the manufacture date mention on tyres?

desertbird

Last week I got my tyres changed. The front is BT 14 and rear BT 20. Here in UAE the normal price if tyres are between $325 to 400 with balance and fitting. I got this for much less price $ 217 with balance and fitting. The shop guy told me its 2003 manufacture. Since he sold me for less my friend asked me to check the manufacture date on tyres, it could be older. I checked the tyres but could not find any marking such as 03 or 04 which would indicate the manufacture year according to my friend. Can some one tell me where is this mention on tyres or its not mentioned? Thanks

Date of manufacture marking is not required legally on a tyre, at least not in the UK. Different countries specify different markings, check out the manufacturers website most have a tyre ID picture that will tell you if the date is on their tyres.

Interesting question. Never thought about it.

Here in the USA, there is a DOT # on all tires, the last 4 digits are the date of manufacture. 3203 would be the 32nd week of 2003.

Do the tire mfg. make a diff. tire for the USA so it has the DOT # on it?

Or do all tires have a dot # :?:

Sorry mickcbr1100, The rare tyre is not BT20 but BT56. This is made in Japan and has DOT and some No. I'll note the No. to see the manufacture date. How is this BT56? I asked the tyre guy to fit BT20. I guess he did not have BT20 and without asking me he fitted BT56.

BT56 are not a recommended fitment for the 'bird, BT57 are and were an original fitment in some places, check out the link these are the Bridgestone recommended tyres for the 'bird. If I asked for 020's and got 57s instead I wouldn't be very happy and BT14?? on the front.

http://www.bridgestone-eu.com/tyreselector...+%28%2797%3E%29

My new 020 has "4003" as the last 4 digits of the DOT.

Humm, I'd have thought they would move this tire faster than that. Lots of us on this site use this tire.

I hate that it sat around somewhere, since it was made in the 1st week of October 2003.