CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need some new boots. Opinions needed.

StPeteXX

I am needing some new boots. Below is a link to the boots that are being considered due to cost. Looking for opinions, pros/cons. I am wanting to purchase a new house soon, so I am trying to get the best deal on pair of boots that I can. Thanks for your help.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/boots.htm

Rich

i don't have any experience with the boots on that page, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents on my current boots Side Air Carbon...

- don't spend the extra money on the perfed (air) sidi's, they don't flow the air well, the perfs are in the wrong place.

in fact, i could swear, because they are perfed, they let more heat in!

Rich, I picked up the Prexport boots a couple of months ago for $145. I like mine, they have a venting system that you open when it is hot. Of course have not worn them in the summer yet, but you can feel a diff. They are not waterproof :sad:

The Strada Plus was just added to that page. Not a bad looking boot. Since I already have a blue Joe Rocket jacket, they should match ok. Looks like I might order those unless I get some other suggestions.

Try here http://www.tricktape.com/subcatmfgprod.asp...&1=274&2=-1&6=1

I am looking at getting some for myself also.. Looking at the Joe Rocket Blasters or the Reactors.

Call them up and ask for Shawn. He will treat you right.

Tell him Dave with the silver bird sent you...... He loves me, I call him sometimes to just bullshit with him, and see how hes doing.

Dave

Ok, there seems to be great knowledge on this forum

about all matters. Sooo, I think I'll piggyback a question

on to this topic...

I'm looking for some good riding boots too, BUT, nothing

racey with stripes, multi-colored, etc. Just a plain, simple,

comfortable, inexpensive solid black boot with reasonable

protection and good ventillation.

I'm not talking work boot here -- I do want something

designed or ride use..

Am I dreaming, or does this actually exist?

:cool: TJ :cool:

Rich, I have a pair of Hein Gerickes, the plain looking black ones (forget the model name). They are nice because they fit under jeans, khakis, or riding pants. I also have a pair of Alpinestars SMX's, they are my favorite, but far more stiff than the Gerickes. They have to go over your pants unless you want hard plastic rubbing on your calves and shins.

I got the Prexport boots (not the one on this page) about two weeks ago for $145.00 and really like them for the money. I wanted something the didn't make me look like I just came from the moon. So, I wanted black and to be able to wear them with the pants in or out. They are also nice to walk around in unlike some of the more $$$ boots.

I bought a pair of SIDI Champion Tepor's from New Enough. They are plain black with reinforcement in the appropriate places. You can wear them like regular boots and they are very comfortable. I love them so far.