CBR1100XX.org Forum

What I learned

egadrotu

Slow day at work today. So, I started at pg23 and worked my way back to 9. Rereading most of the old posts to this board, I am amazed at some of the knowledge. How do you people know all of this stuff down to such MINUTE DETAIL? Freaks of nature is my only logical conclusion.

What have I learned?

Mobil1 15w50 5Qt, red top/label used to be 18.85 at Wally world. This has changed and there was much sorrow.

DID 530 VXM is the chain of choice. As of page 9, so was the Avon 45/46 tire combo.

Your bike is not overheating. It gets hot, deal with it. Water Wetter, one cap per quart. Much (5-8 deg) cooler. The world rejoiced.

D: For hookers.

The ZX-11 CCT is good.

I need to do a lot of stuff on my bike.

I can come here for help.

I rejoiced.

As Vetteman pointed out, it's the X-11, not ZX-11...

X-11 is the naked sibling of the XX....

X11main1.jpg

Cheers,

P.S Tim , which COURT should we deposit the water weter in, to make more dramatic difference in cooling. I'm closer to the Circut Court by Old Orchard, but I can go Down Town if that would help..... :twisted: :wink: ....

Water wetter...... Ha!

Does it increase the size of your radiator..... No.

Does it drastically increase the thermal properties of water..... No.

Will a good radiator flush and fresh coolant mixted at the propper ratio give you the same results ...... yes.

Have you ever heard of Snake oil, Slick 50, Ocean front property in Arizona?

:lol:

Just my .02

Have you ever tried WaterWetter? Doesn't sound like it.

I know from personal experience the shit works as advertised. I saw a drop in peak temperature of about 15-20 degrees and a drop in running temperature of 5-10 degrees. My Radiator also gets flushed twice a year, so don't tell me I was just seeing the results of fresh coolant.

Can I explain how it works to someone who has already decided it doesn't without checking it out themselves? - no

Just my $.02, based on actual experience :grin:

Have you ever tried WaterWetter? Doesn't sound like it.

I know from personal experience the shit works as advertised. I saw a drop in peak temperature of about 15-20 degrees and a drop in running temperature of 5-10 degrees. My Radiator also gets flushed twice a year, so don't tell me I was just seeing the results of fresh coolant.

Can I explain how it works to someone who has already decided it doesn't without checking it out themselves? - no  

Just my $.02, based on actual experience :grin:

How much anti-freeze you use while using WaterWetter?

50/50 antifreeze/distilled water with Watewetter in the fall-winter-spring, straight distilled water with Waterwetter in the summer.

This is the only reason it gets changed twice a year. I try to do at least one or two trackdays every summer, so I don't run coolant. I know they don't check, but I don't want to be the guy who spreads coolant all over the track and cancels a session or two for everyone. The bike is stored in an unheated garage in winter, so it has to have antifreeze then.

I've been stuck in traffic on 95-100 degree days with both combos and never seen over 235 degrees on the temp gauge since using Waterwetter. Before going with Waterwetter I can think of three occasions when I had to pull off the road or overheat (250degrees, for those with the analog dash).

Even if you do think it's "snake oil", it's only six or seven bucks for a bottle that will go for three coolant changes, so it's not like it costs a fortune to try it for yourself.

Did you read the whole post? I also saw improvement when running with coolant.

Regardless, let's say you want to take advantage of the greater cooling properties of straight distilled water. You going to want some sort of additive for inhibiting corrosion and taking care of the seals on your water pump, Waterwetter is at least good for this if you refuse to believe it's good for anything else.

Straight water would be a bad idea, so I'll leave that little experiment to you :wink:

As Vetteman pointed out, it's the X-11, not ZX-11...

Yep...X-11 is the shit-hot CCT to have.... and coincidently enough, I am about to install that bad boy this afternoon!

I got in with the original X-11 Group Buy that Joe did a couple years ago, I just never got around to installing it. Too, I also think I never really picked up on how worn my factory CCT is, since I wear 34 NRR earplugs religiously. But after running the engine a lot while trouble-shooting my toasted stator, it's pretty obvious the OEM tensioner is toast as well....

To Redbird and Ronnie,

Wow.... talk about your hot topics, I leave for a little bit and you guys are at it. :lol:

To answer your question yes I have tried water wetter, and no I didn't have great results like you. So I'll call it snake oil and you call it gold. OK. :grin: