CBR1100XX.org Forum

PCIII Maps

TurboJoe

Hey Guys,

Just out of curiosity....When it comes to PCIII maps are the PCIIIUSB and older serial PC mapsinterchangeable??? I need a starter map for Yoshi Slips and K&N...there is not a map pc3USB map for this set up on my '02 but there is for the older 99 model.

As far as I know... all PC3 maps are interchangeable.

However, you cannot use a PC2 map in a PC3.

I have also read about some map file format differences.... but I don't have any personal experience with the PC3 myself. I have a PC2.... old school.

Surely, someone here has a map they can email to you. Might take a couple days for that person to find this thread, so be patient.

Dynojet map M102-301 is set up for D&D slip ons and a stock or aftermarket air filter. Would that not be close enough? It`s available on the Dynojet website,

Never mind. Just saw you had an `02, I probably have the same maps you do that go up to `01. Just wondering, would there be a problem using the map anyway? What would be the difference?

Just wondering, would there be a problem using the map anyway? What would be the difference?

I guess a lot.... actually.

1999 - 2000 has a Barometric air sensor.

The 2001 they removed the Baro Sensor, however, the ECM still reacts to the AAP table on the PC2, which means, all Honda did was remove the sensor and I'm guessing tie the Baro and Map table together. Since I recently found out, working with CbrXXquad on his bike.

2002 - 2003 The ECM mapping was changed from the factory in order to fix a fueling stumble/hesitation issue.

However, with all that said... CbrXXquad is running my 99 PC2 map in his 01 bike, But we found out on a recent trip to Ark. that the MP table and AAP table were getting combined. Causing a complete removal of Fuel below 10% TP. This was very bad. We has since corrected the error by zeroing out the MP table.

Does that help ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies...work has taking me away from riding/working on the bike at the moment. I want it right before I take it on a trip back home to TN to ride the skyway and Dragon in July. It is close now but I will play with the map on the road with the laptop and take plug readings for confirmation. A custom map might be created if I can get it on my friends dyno while in TN.