CBR1100XX.org Forum

"DOS EQUIS" is coming together...

TurboJoe

Well....the stops will be revisited but basically using Allen's will plastic spacers for now. It appears to be enough room to have a piece made to attach to the frame to bump the lower triple. Allen's work for now.

I am working on the brakes soon. Don't have lines yet. What can I expect there???

Turn radius is drastically reduced but that will mostly be an issue in parking...do you have this problem???

Yes, the turn radius is reduced, but not a huge issue. I still have the stock brake lines, and there is no good way to run them without them interfering with the forks. The ideal would be to have braided stainless lines and route them appropriately, I've just been lazy, that might be a project to get done before the nice riding weather is back.

Finished taking care of the fork/ram-air tube clearance issues (SP1 lower issue that Stan spoke of) and got my steering lock to work...WooHoo!!!

I measured for braided lines made. Puig dark smoke DB windscreen looks really trick (a lot better than the el'cheapo screen that was on it when I got it).

I still have a few weeks to wait on the swingarm to be built and shipped but I am sooooooo happy that the front is nearly complete. Riding season is upon us :-)

post-415395-0-40029100-1395369694_thumb.

post-415395-0-06776300-1395369708_thumb.

• 1 month later...

OK All....Introducing.......Dos Equis. And to everyone that replied to my post while I worked my way through the ZXXX build, I want to say "Thanks Guys". Your help saved me some costly experiences.

Looks great! Please let me know where you set your triples - mm from the top of fork tube to top of upper tree.

We either saved you some costly experiences, or we were the cause of it - either way, you're welcome!

Verrrrry nice!

Hows it ride?

Ride is excellent...I am very pleased. Stan maybe you can explain this...I used an F4i front brake master with 08 Hayabusa Tokico's with spacers (ZX14 Nissan were very pricey) and they work great. I was prepared to buy a radial master but I see no need. The F4i MC is slightly larger than the Busa's but everyone stated that it would be very soft. I am sure I got help from the braided hoses. I tried it for looks but functionality was the outcome as well.

OK All....Introducing.......Dos Equis. And to everyone that replied to my post while I worked my way through the ZXXX build, I want to say "Thanks Guys". Your help saved me some costly experiences.

Looks great! Please let me know where you set your triples - mm from the top of fork tube to top of upper tree.

We either saved you some costly experiences, or we were the cause of it - either way, you're welcome!

Out of town at the moment but will post the measurements when I get home this weekend.

Yea, give us the report.

A full report will be posted with pics soon

Are those 6 piston?

I would think as long as the master is larger it would be harder not softer.

Long as it feels good and stops good.

I pull as hard as I can on the lever....stopped of course...to make sure it has some movement after what it normally takes to stop...cushion... and does not go all the way to the bar. All good.

Mike, I have changed my settings on the zxx trees. Back to the top. Not lowered. Went back to the xx swingarm too. Tall bike now. Not really, but really different than before. Got a idea from the TSR linkage I wanted to try. Did some research into progressive and linear triangles. Got an adjustable link too.

Wanted a more neutral turn response. Something intuitive. Your going to have to try it.

Oh yeah... and a 1000rr rear shock as delivered.

Are those 6 piston?

I would think as long as the master is larger it would be harder not softer.

Long as it feels good and stops good.

I pull as hard as I can on the lever....stopped of course...to make sure it has some movement after what it normally takes to stop...cushion... and does not go all the way to the bar. All good.

No they are 4 pots...i have plenty of cushion with a nice firm feel.

post-415395-0-26681800-1399353653_thumb.