CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 2003 Mitsu Eclipse - 70kmi $6k never seen winter price dropped

(Price dropped again! Need gone before winter!)

70k miles

5-speed manual

GTS trim....this means every option

Leather, PS, PB, Power moonroof, 5-speed w/V6 that gets about 24-30mpg depending on conditions.

Asking $600 under KBB (would also trade for Nissan/Toyota/Lexus SUV + cash)

The situation:

I have too much stuff and need to unload this car.

The story:

Bought in 2005 by me for $15,500 with 28,000 miles in Wilmington, NC when I lived down there. It came with me to CT and as soon as I got to CT, I bought an SUV to trudge around in the salt and slush. This car stayed in my parents garage in NY during the winters. I now live near Syracuse and my Acura is my daily driver and my wife drives the SUV. This just sits in my garage on a battery tender.

Always babied with full syn oil like Mobil 1 or Rotella. I did all of my own maintenance, but this car only ever needed oil changes. The AC was refreshed 1 year ago and blows cold.

Car burns ZERO oil, never has.

ZERO leaks of any kind. Bottom of car is dry!

Exhaust is in great shape as it has always been garaged.

Mods - only appearance:

-Headlights - full HID bi-xenon 35W kit by The Retrofit Source. The Retrofit Source Inc You will see the front picture of the car in a few pics does not have this conversion. I took some of these pics right before i did the HID mods.

-Custom tail LED conversion

-Custom brake light LED conversion and plate light

Car is not cherry as it has about 5 door dings that I can provide closeups of. Nothing too major.

PM me and i'm more than willing to have a chat on the phone about the car.

Thanks for looking.

-Dave

IMG_0251_zps0b953267.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

Edited by TuffguyF4i

Slightly updated styling announced the 2003 Eclipse (revised front and rear fascias with new headlights and taillights were most obvious), while a new GTS model now topped the line. The GTS added ABS, side-impact airbags, 12-way adjustable leather seats, a six-disc CD changer, redundant audio controls to the steering wheel and (for the coupe) a sunroof to the standard equipment list. Beyond that, the GTS also featured a new intake manifold on its V6 that used variable length runners to boost output to 210 hp.

210HP? ...and teenagers.... Woo Hooo!

Showed it to the wifey - she just asked if it was AWD.

From what I can tell - and correct me please - Eclipse line was all front-wheel drive.

• Upvote 1

Yup...the GTS has 210 HP. Very 'streetable' since it is a V6. You get the power right off the line.

It does have a great Infinity 6 CD changer and sound system. It is at least as good as my Acuras system.

Yes, FWD. Others have told me they are pretty good in the snow. It is not a light car, so with the right tires and FWD it does well.

Just do it. :)

• 1 month later...

PMs exchanged .....

We picked up a winter beater for no. 1. He's getting a spankin' used T100 with only 172K on it.

...after that debacle, wifey mentioned a gas sipper for me/no. 3 to take to BB practice about 1-1/2 hrs south of here.

What are the mpgs?

I really don't see this a an economy vehicle, but it's fun to discuss - and the thread needed a bump anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khH9ih2XJg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Combination of my daughters birth and summer fun did not sell.

Willing to unload it for much less than 6k.

...bump

T100 I got junior has run into problems, Montana van past it's useful life, My F250 may turn into junior's new summer ride to Indiana.

There might be a small window of opportunity if it's still available.