CBR1100XX.org Forum

Master Cylinderfor Radial Brakes

TurboJoe

Hey Guys

Can anyone shed light on front master cylinders for se with radial brakes? I have begun hoarding parts for my ZXXX build. I am seeing posts stating the use of cbr600 f3 and f4i masters. Are they to be used only when de-linking with non-radial set-ups or can they be used with ZX14 radials? I would love to keep the stock look if possible.

Hey Guys

Can anyone shed light on front master cylinders for se with radial brakes? I have begun hoarding parts for my ZXXX build. I am seeing posts stating the use of cbr600 f3 and f4i masters. Are they to be used only when de-linking with non-radial set-ups or can they be used with ZX14 radials? I would love to keep the stock look if possible.

My Triumph Street Triple R has a 19mm piston in its M/C. I believe if you are going to have radial mount calipers, you will also need a radial master cylinder, or at least a standard M/C with the same 19mm or 3/4" piston. The M/C (F4I) I used for my de-link has a 5/8" piston.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Guru's out there...Help.

What I am trying to do is avoid the plastic (yuck!) master cylinder used on radial brake masters on my ZXXX conversion. Secondly, I prefer not to have unmatching left and right masters. So, here is the question.....since Gen 2 Hayabusa (08-up) have radial brakes, will Gen 2 masters properly actuate my ZX14 Nissan calipers??? If so, any disadvantages...or reasons why I still should use the round ones instead?

BTW thinking of using Busa clutch and brake masters...so I'm concerned about wiring issues surrounding starter interlock (clutch side) and brake light (brake side).

The switches are all the same, on off...

The main thing with all the masters is the size of the plungers. Match that... Now some of the newer radial masters are radial...really. not linear. Brimbo stuff. get on their site and get into the differences.

But for what your doing, not much to be gained in normal street riding, unless you ride really hard in the twisties. and for all up to race conditions.

For stock look, there is a front master like the birds from the gold wing with a big piston. Should be good. I have one on the quad with radial calipers. Works.

No reason to change the clutch side from stock.

Lines and pads are where it's at after that.