CBR1100XX.org Forum

'99 Blackbird for Sale

I'm assisting my dad with his sale of his 1999 CBR1100XX. He bought it new and it has just over 3000 miles. Highlights include:

• Two Brothers full exhaust
  • Custom seat
  • Power Commander
  • Polished swingarm
  • Rear fender eliminator

The bike is spotless and like new. You can PM me through the site or call him direct at 740-815-3493. The bike is located in Newark, OH.

There are no disappointments here. Asking $5000. No joyrides or lowball offers. Those who know and appreciate this bike know what an opportunity it is to find one in this condition.

Let me know if you have any questions...post-432768-0-67634900-1379598719_thumb.post-432768-0-10481000-1379598719_thumb.post-432768-0-54556500-1379598718_thumb.

• Upvote 1

I really like your Bird. I have owned 3 all 98's. Although the bike is in excellent condition and has the aftermarket exhaust, Retail bluebook in Excellent condition is only $3555.00. are there additional components that are not listed which increase the value of this beautiful creature to your asking price. Or is it an emotional pricing? I assure you I am not trying to be disrespectful or funny, just wanted to know as I am interested in your dad's bike, but do not want to overpay for it.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/honda/cbr11xx/1999-honda-cbr11xx/suggestedretailvalue/

This is the link I went to in order to get the price. Please let me know if I overlooked something in my pricing.

Regards,

I really like your Bird. I have owned 3 all 98's. Although the bike is in excellent condition and has the aftermarket exhaust, Retail bluebook in Excellent condition is only $3555.00. are there additional components that are not listed which increase the value of this beautiful creature to your asking price. Or is it an emotional pricing? I assure you I am not trying to be disrespectful or funny, just wanted to know as I am interested in your dad's bike, but do not want to overpay for it.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/honda/cbr11xx/1999-honda-cbr11xx/suggestedretailvalue/

This is the link I went to in order to get the price. Please let me know if I overlooked something in my pricing.

Regards,

I understand your point of view completely. The Blue Book value is one thing and what this bike is worth to someone who knows and appreciates these bikes is another. I don't know if/when the CBR1100XX will reach "collectible" status with the masses but this is an opportunity for someone to get what is the most disireable XX made (IMO) since it was the last year for black and analog gauges as well as the first year for FI. I'm sure you can buy a '99 with 35k miles that is in "good condition" all day long for $3000. Having said that, I think this is a rare opportunity for someone and the asking price reflects it. I don't see many big-bore bikes out there with so few miles and maintained to this standard. That's just the way I see it. I could be nuts. Wouldn't be the first time.

Regards,

I understand your point of view completely. The Blue Book value is one thing and what this bike is worth to someone who knows and appreciates these bikes is another. I don't know if/when the CBR1100XX will reach "collectible" status with the masses but this is an opportunity for someone to get what is the most disireable XX made (IMO) since it was the last year for black and analog gauges as well as the first year for FI. I'm sure you can buy a '99 with 35k miles that is in "good condition" all day long for $3000. Having said that, I think this is a rare opportunity for someone and the asking price reflects it. I don't see many big-bore bikes out there with so few miles and maintained to this standard. That's just the way I see it. I could be nuts. Wouldn't be the first time.

Among savvy collectors it already is desireable as a "collectible" (disclaimer - factory stock is the preferred condition). If your Dad has to original stock parts to sweeten the deal, the price is more than appropriate. The one (original) owner status and low mileage are significant to collectors. The swingarm & wheels can be re-powdercoated to match the factory matte black, but they're no longer original, and that will detract from the perceived collector value.

Best of Luck!

• 3 weeks later...