CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB - Droid Smartphone for Verizon

Hey guys and gals, I know some of you like to get the latest and greatest stuff, and I like to get the cheaper stuff that was latest and greatest yesterday. Anyway, my Droid X is quickly dying and my options are to replace the screen or find something new, and if I upgrade I lose my unlimited data plan. Anybody got a fairly recent Motorola device laying around since they upgraded?

Thanks

joe

Joe, hit up craigslist. There are a shit bucket load of smart phones there. The trade in on a droid X is zero. Also, consider hitting up a mall kiosk, they usually have a few unlocked or VZ ready used phones. They are just a commodity now. I am looking to upgrade my Droid, but am waiting to pull the trigger. Otherwise, I have 2 (wifey's) that are going to be out of service probably in the next month.

Joe, I have a Moto Droid 3 (slide open Keyboard)

I was screwing with it and unlocked and rooted, then installed a chinese radio file in order to accept an ATT SIM for Straighttalk..

Not sure if it ever worked, havent got far enough to try it. Anyway, I can see if I can reset it back to stock

Joe, if you are concerned about stolen, call Verizon when you have the phone in hand and check the MEID# before handing over cash. There are also new Droid Xs on Amazon for +- $100.