CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100 XX 1997

ActionStarCBRxx

I never noticed this before... I am took the radiator off to straighten out the fins and clear out the mini rock debris (along with changing out all the hoses and thermostat). Its been about a month now and I wasnt sure how it went back together. The book isnt much help in showing the diminsions... so I looked at RonAyers site and they show the collar sticking out (way out) of where the bolt actually tightens down.

Why is that?? How does it affectively support the radiator with such a long extension?

Link to RonAyers http://www.ronayers.com/RADIATOR-C183134.aspx part number 20/24. Linky To RonAyers.com

Thanks!

Kelly

It would help to have a better idea of what part is giving you trouble.

The diagram doesn't show which part is your issue.

IIRC, the radiator goes on sideways. You have rubber grommets (radiator) and sleeves at the top through which bolts will tighten. So, you lift it up into place then slide it into position by about 1 inch. The third point of connection is the support brace on the bottom which can be completely removed. That bolts onto the engine case, and it's annoying because most tool kits have nothing that lets you put a socket on it, so you work with 1/8 turns of a little wrench until it's tight.

Thanks Zero... It goes back together just fine and everything is a tight fit. Its just odd that there is a 10x50 collar that pushes the bolt out that much further. I put the radiator in and out two or three times thinking it was odd. So it was a waste of time because I kept questioning myself.

The part numbers are 20 and 24.

Yes there is a collar sticking out of the radiator top mount on my bike as well, and a long bolt that goes through it.

Don't ask me why.