CBR1100XX.org Forum

blackbird on ice

ptxyz

it's been almost a month since my bird's (fuel injected 2000) been out of commision after my curb hoppin'. the last piece i'm waiting for to make her whole again is that free front tire from pirelli.

how concerned should i be about the inactivity? i know some of you here don't ride for long periods, any problems when it's time to wake 'em?

should i start her up every few weeks?

drain the fuel and run her until she sputters?

just be patient?

c'mon pirelli! it's bad form to complain about waiting for something that's free but, some communication would be appreciated...

A month? Sheesh, that's nothing to worry about... Check your fluids, fire her up, and let her reach normal operating temp (wait til the fan comes on, if you'd like). Shut her down and check for leaks as she cools. I'd bet you find nothing wrong; that should put your mind at ease. You can do this as often as your OCD demands :icon_lol: . If you still want to find something to fuss over, put a (smart) trickle charger on the battery if she's gonna sit idle for more than a coupla weeks.

Mine has been sitting in my shed with light fuel preservative in the full tank and a battery tender on it since December. I would almost bet a testicle I can pull her out and she'll start right up with no issues. You'll be fine.

I have an 03 XX stashed that I only start and ride a few miles about every six months. Always acts like it was just ridden yesterday.

Same as Jon- Full tank of treated fuel (siphoned once a year and refilled) and battery tender.

No worries.

life and other crap got in the way 2 yrs ago.. bike sat for 3 months.. was actually worried about it with todays ethanol fuels.

threw in some stuff to help it and diconnected the tender and finally went riding..

she fired up and ran like I had shut her off the day before.