CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front tire removal

XXitanium

• 2 weeks later...

I usually unbolt both. It's also a good time to take a look at your brake pads.

Use some wire to hold them up out of the way and to keep them from dangling by the brake hoses.

Honda recommends you replace the mounting bolts when you remove the brake calipers.

I suspect this is because they supply bolts with a thread locking compound already applied.

I would just clean the threads and apply a little Loctite blue during the re-install.

Honda recommends you replace the mounting bolts when you remove the brake calipers.

I suspect this is because they supply bolts with a thread locking compound already applied.

More like they want to sell more bolts.

Is that a 79 CBX in the background?

Sure looks like it! I've got a CBX owner following my CB750 swingarm upgrade in the CB1100F forum. Itanium, is that you?

Sure looks like it! I've got a CBX owner following my CB750 swingarm upgrade in the CB1100F forum. Itanium, is that you?

Yes, that is a CBX. It is currently non-running.

I am on 1100F.net. I don't think I posted in that thread though.

The head bearing came in Wednesday afternoon. I haven't started that install yet.

Yes, that is a CBX. It is currently non-running.

I am on 1100F.net. I don't think I posted in that thread though.

The head bearing came in Wednesday afternoon. I haven't started that install yet.

Please let us know what you got and how it works out. Getting some slight movement under HARD braking, so my bike's up for that next.

A CBX - you dog you.

Thanks Cal, I may be interested in those tools. Figure out prices and let me know what you have please.

I decided to hold off on installing the head bearings.

I helped a buddy put in a pontoon lift and burned up a lot of weekend.

I'll get to it sometime - maybe take it to the mechanic.

The horn points towards the headlight for those who forget how it came off. ...aimed at the fender below. Thanks Caleb.