CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honda V65 Sabre

rhubarbray

I have a project `85 V65 Sabre I`ve just about got finished but can`t get the turn signals to work. The PO had taken the female blade connector out of the connector housing and tywrapped them to the aftermarket 2 prong flasher. Don`t ask!! I`m pretty sure I`ve got them back in the right location according to the manual but I want to be sure of the orientation of the wires. I got a used OEM flasher but I can`t get it to work. I want to make sure the wires are right before spending the money on a brand new one.

thanks,

Ray

yep. Clymer and an oem Honda manual. But I`m not changing where the wires are going to in the harness. I`m putting the wires back into the black connector. The connector can only go on one way and I`m just making sure if the wires were 1-2-3 originally, the I`m not accidentally putting them back 3-2-1. The bottom of the flasher has B L E cast into the housing and if someone could explain what that means that might help solve which wires go where.

• 7 months later...

Yes, I realize it`s an old topic but it`s solved! A co-worker was very patient with me, took the switch housing, flasher, turn cancel unit, and made up a turn signal system on the bench. And it worked! Put everything back in the bike, no work. WTF??!! After more searching he eventually came over and told me how to hook up the wires in the flasher connector. But they didn`t match the OEM manual. First shot, they worked! The OEM manual was wrong. Go figure. I would have been a LONG time figuring that one out.

Sure I can do that, when it`s back together. Unfortunately, when you get a free project bike you never know what you`re going to get into. I had the carbs ultrasonically cleaned, new carb rubbers, repainted the clutch side cover, and gave the whole bike a good going over. I knew the previous owner and while his kids were growing up he hadn`t ridden it for 10 years. I got it going last spring, and while it was warming up there was condensation coming out the pipes,......that didn`t go away. Ran it for a while and it started to get worse. Crap! head gasket. Couldn`t figure out which one so no problem, pull the heads. As for anyone who has worked on the V4 Hondas, there is NO room to remove the rear pipes so the engine had to come out! Pulled both heads and sure enough, rear head #3 cyl I could see white around the exhaust valve. When I cleaned the heads I realized what caused the leak. Corrosion. There was a couple of spots of corrosion on the aluminum heads that must have pushed againt the gasket. Ever see an old bridge that`s been riveted together? Corrosion can warp 1" steel no problem!