CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: '12 ZX14-R

Well, went riding with a friend this past Saturday. He has a 'wing. Had a great time in the Baraboo hills and we swapped bikes a few times. I liked it but felt kinda detached from the real riding experience. It would be a great bike for long tours though!!

On our way back we stopped in at a local dealer. A new F6B caught my eye and the salesman offered me a test ride. :icon_naughty:

Put about 30 miles on it.

Damn! The thing handled better than my friends 'wing and he had the forks rebuilt!

Reminded me of probably the best all around bike I ever owned,,,, a ST1300! But with a more comfortable seat! The windshield did cause a little buffeting at 75 mph though.

So, here I go again, I'm pulling another Dave K!

My new, less than 3000 mile 2012 ZX14-R with the following mods:

Corbin saddle with backrest

Heli bar risers

2 windshields, one stock and one with a vario-spoiler.

Fender eliminator (Muzzy)

Guhl modified ECU (better fuel/timing map, faster fly opening, switchable traction control on the go with full off memory)

med_gallery_1315_571_44340.jpg

Craigslist link

Bike is SOLD!

Haha! I laughed when I saw you were the first person to look at this!

Damn bro! That F6B is awesome!!!! Super easy to fling around and a little better ground clearance than the full 'wing!

PS: How do I have more posts than you???? :icon_snooty:

Haha! I laughed when I saw you were the first person to look at this!

Damn bro! That F6B is awesome!!!! Super easy to fling around and a little better ground clearance than the full 'wing!

PS: How do I have more posts than you???? :icon_snooty:

You'll be wishing you had the full wing and get one of those in a matter of months. Center stand, reverse, heated seat and grips and the winshield you will WISH you had very soon.

Sexy bike....I'm gonna get one soon.

Very happy for you. I'm sure you got the all black.

For those who poo poo it....have never riden a goldwing. Don't let the size and luggage fool you.

F6B is cooler looking than a Wing.....a little at least. But one thing I almost couldn't live without when I had my Wing, was the trunk.

Was awesome stowing the helmet and everything else in the bike.

F6B is cooler looking than a Wing.....a little at least. But one thing I almost couldn't live without when I had my Wing, was the trunk.

Was awesome stowing the helmet and everything else in the bike.

Cooler looking in a MAJOR WAY !!!

The bags on the wing suck. If they were top fill they would be MUCH better. I hate the stuff and push side bags.

About to flat black powder coat my rims, engine, and pipes. Gonna look good.

The bags on the wing suck. If they were top fill they would be MUCH better. I hate the stuff and push side bags.

I've heard this before from others but I have to disagree. I've rented quite a few Harley baggers with top fill hard bags. I've never thought much of them. The width is ridiculously narrow compared to the side opening bags that were on the Wing and my Nomad. Just seemed like I could fit twice as much in those side opening bags. I rarely had so much stuff that I had any trouble closing them.

I could get laid with a F6B, even with my face. Very cool bike and what baggers should be, powerful and water cooled.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved my 84 wing and rode her until I gave her to my father after buying my 99XX. I kinda miss my wing because grinding the hell out of the floorboards around turns was A LOT of fun!

I have been considering the F6B but I would have to switch out that shorty windshield. Looks to "Harley-esque" and who wants that kind of downgrade? :icon_naughty: