CBR1100XX.org Forum

Speedo drive

fireyxx

I've gone down 1 tooth on the front of my 97 Bird and was wondering where the speedo drive is taken from and is it manual or electronic. I'm just trying to work out if changing the sprocket has created an error in the speedo, until I can run it past a radar speed check on the highway instead of finding out the hard way, thanks, Rhys.

gday firey.as far as i know the drive is from the gearbox and is electronic.a bloke i knew a while back fitted an electronic speedo thing to his blackbird.a sensor was fitted to one of the holes in the front disc with the pickup cable tied to one of the front forks.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Oh powerful OZ, you da man, rockmeupto125!

I wish I could remember stuff as well as you do and then be able to remember it when I need to talk to someone about it. :cycle:

Thanks, fella's that should give me a starting point for sure, the speed camera's are red hot over here, with only a 3kmh leeway even though the Australian design rules allow manufactures + or - 10% speedo error, revenue is a great motivator for the road rules, Rhys.