CBR1100XX.org Forum

Evans coolant

fourx

Waiting for a shipment of evans high performance coolant and prep flud. Evans states that only 3% of water may be left in the system for evans to work 100%. Is there any way of getting all the old coolant out of the system before I use the prep fluid

I would figure if you disconnected the coolant line from the bottom at the pump and opened the system up at the thermostat (ensuring there is no vacuum holding liquid in), all of it should run out...perhaps some compressed air (on low pressure) to blow any remnant out.

There is an excellent write up on some forum, I will try to find it, or search this board. I used it when I installed Evans. Basically, you use a shop towel as a gasket to force compressed air through the system really messy but effective. Oh, and you have to drain once, fill with new antifreeze, and drain again (maybe more than once, I forget) to get all of the water out.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...Evans+antifreze

I put that shit in.... years and years ago... so long ago.. I can't remember when, guessing 06, maybe.

I did not think it was all that difficult... If I remember correctly Drain, Fill with cheap straight PG from walmart etc., run the bike, Drain again, put in Evans. Done.

• 2 weeks later...
There is an excellent write up on some forum, I will try to find it, or search this board. I used it when I installed Evans. Basically, you use a shop towel as a gasket to force compressed air through the system really messy but effective. Oh, and you have to drain once, fill with new antifreeze, and drain again (maybe more than once, I forget) to get all of the water out.

I've seen the write up. It may be on STN, but I'm not positive. Warchild wrote it.

Search for Blow job.

EDIT: I found it. It's on the FJR forum

I've seen the write up. It may be on STN, but I'm not positive. Warchild wrote it.

Search for Blow job.

EDIT: I found it. It's on the FJR forum

Nobody has to search for a blowjob when they are around you, thin man.