CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need suggestions for new Front Brake mastewr

Chewtoy

The front brake master is getting weak on my 97, so I was wondering if I could replace it with something stronger. When I bleed the brakes, the amount of fluid squirting out of the bleeder is not very impressive.

Is there a strong like bull master cylinder that I should consider to replace old and busted with?

Thanks!

The amount of fluid coming out shouldn't be a concern.

How do the brakes feel? Is lever travel excessive or spongy? These are the questions you should be concerned with.

If you still have the stock brake lines, replace them with stainless braided lines and then ask the above questions again. This also means you will have fresh brake fluid.

Also, make sure the brake pads and disks are not contaminated with oil or some other slippery fluid.

Still don't feel right?

Get new seals for the master and the calipers.

Edit: De-linking the front and rear brakes will also do a lot for enhancing stopping power and feel for the front, not to mention making bleeding the system(s) much easier.

The amount of fluid coming out shouldn't be a concern.

How do the brakes feel? Is lever travel excessive or spongy? These are the questions you should be concerned with.

If you still have the stock brake lines, replace them with stainless braided lines and then ask the above questions again. This also means you will have fresh brake fluid.

Also, make sure the brake pads and disks are not contaminated with oil or some other slippery fluid.

Still don't feel right?

Get new seals for the master and the calipers.

Edit: De-linking the front and rear brakes will also do a lot for enhancing stopping power and feel for the front, not to mention making bleeding the system(s) much easier.

thanks, brakes feel OK, was just wondering. I'll probably pull the LBS @ some time in the future, no time right now.