CBR1100XX.org Forum

2002 RC-51 / SP2

Just bought this thing in Novemeber, and just took a huge ass pay cut Jan 3rd that changes my plans... oh well.

31k miles, some cosmetic flaws but nothing real major - put not perfect. Slight dent in the tank about the length and width of a Sharpie. I have changed almost every fluid in it. Weeps a little from the fork seals, but I am including a new set of seals, new chain and sprockets, new steering head and wheel bearings all in the packages. At asking price I can install everything if desired. Nice mods - Flapper mod, steel brake lines, Carbon Fiber cans, Double Bubble, oil cooler re-lo. Clean/clear title in hand.

Had every intention of keeping this machine (my 4th RC) but now sudden money pressure changes that.

Like to have $4000. Can deliver to Charlotte or Richmond at my expense.

PM or email racer212@hotmail.com

I miss mine but with NO roads to ride here, it makes no sense for me to own a bike.

Where do you live, the moon?

Would say closer to hell but the moon works.

He would have to ride 2hrs to be near me for some twisties, which are ok. Nothing amazing. I ride 3 hrs further west to get really twist roads.

RC is one sweet bike. Good enough for nicky hayden to win a championship with.

I miss mine but with NO roads to ride here, it makes no sense for me to own a bike.

Would say closer to hell but the moon works.

He would have to ride 2hrs to be near me for some twisties, which are ok. Nothing amazing. I ride 3 hrs further west to get really twist roads.

RC is one sweet bike. Good enough for nicky hayden to win a championship with.

And Colin Edwards.

Will put some pics up shortly. I wanna sprinkle some clean on it first.

Well I am not into riding the city streets with no lane splitting, just to ride! Coming from Nor Cal where it is widely considered sport bike mecca. I had thousands of miles of twisties within a couple of hours of my house and a half dozen excellent tracks such as Laguna, Infineon, THill, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, ect, ect, ect. Virginia Beach is about as far as the moon by comparison, thus the increased scuba time and no bikes.

Correct.

This being an SP2 2002+ vs an SP1 2000-2001 it is a much better bike than the original version SP1. Bigger and better in a whooooooole lot of ways. Great deal for anyone wanting a cult classic.