CBR1100XX.org Forum

blackbird parts bike for sale

99 Honda cbr1100xx superblackbird

This bike was running like a top until it was put away a few years ago with only about 25,000 miles on the clock and then sat. Now it cranks but wont start. Someone better than me could probably get it moving again pretty easily. That being said, this bike is in rough shape cosmetically. The PO painted the plastics with truck bed line (kind of cool looking actually, but the plastics themselves are cracked, there are some bolts missing. Tires stator chain and sprockets all are low miles. set up with a givi wingrack and a zero gravity sport touring windscreen too. The rough shape and the fact that it is missing the title (last titled in CO, you might be able to get a replacement title but I'm not sure) are why I'm letting this go for so cheap. These are amazing bikes and I hope either someone can get this bike up and going or at least use it to get another bike on the road.

$500obo pick up only

Located in Blairstown NJ

post-148523-1354382372.jpg

99 Honda cbr1100xx superblackbird

This bike was running like a top until it was put away a few years ago with only about 25,000 miles on the clock and then sat. Now it cranks but wont start. Someone better than me could probably get it moving again pretty easily. That being said, this bike is in rough shape cosmetically. The PO painted the plastics with truck bed line (kind of cool looking actually, but the plastics themselves are cracked, there are some bolts missing. Tires stator chain and sprockets all are low miles. set up with a givi wingrack and a zero gravity sport touring windscreen too. The rough shape and the fact that it is missing the title (last titled in CO, you might be able to get a replacement title but I'm not sure) are why I'm letting this go for so cheap. These are amazing bikes and I hope either someone can get this bike up and going or at least use it to get another bike on the road.

$500obo pick up only

Located in Blairstown NJ

I'm a half hour away...PM sent with my phone number...call me right away and I'll take a ride over...Hank

Ya beat me! Whyyyy youuouoooo......... :icon_biggrin:

It's home...Leslie went :icon_doh:

Parts bike only...First job is to start the motor, pressure wash it and step back and see wut I got...

Thanks Lars, nice to meet you.

Damn you valture... :icon_biggrin:

Nice grab...

Does it have a hugger on it? I am looking to purchase one.

Nice grab...

I think the bear ate that when he ate the seat...lol

The old phrase "It's a honey for the money" comes to mind...

I'd send ya pics Stef if you used your computer instead of that magic decoder you carry around....j/k

If that wingrack is serviceable and you're looking to sell, drop me a PM. Aesthetics are a total non issue.

PM sent to the new owner of the Givi Wingrack 2...

It's actually one of the nicest things on the bike...

You heard of 200 mph tape right? Ever heard of 200 mph shoelaces? All the real racers use it to hold the fairings on....lol

How the hell ya been, anyhow?

Talk soon...

Nice grab...

I think the bear ate that when he ate the seat...lol

The old phrase "It's a honey for the money" comes to mind...

I'd send ya pics Stef if you used your computer instead of that magic decoder you carry around....j/k

My phone is actually better then my POS computer at home.

I dont use the computer for a reason.

Send away big boy.

Btw I have a hugger coming from Caleb already.

He made me a deal I couldnt resist....lol

It had something to do with knee pads and chapstick :icon_lol:

So are you going to try and make it rideable again or parting it out? If you're parting it out, I'd like a shot at the stator and stator cover.

Present game plan is to get the engine running and then sell it as a "car kit" although that is subject to change.

Everything else will be for sale once the engine is running.

I'll keep you in mind should that change...

How the hell ya been, anyhow?

Talk soon...

Been good, but busy. Things are slowing down now and it's just about time to start work on that bike in my garage. A rat tourer is gonna need bags... :icon_biggrin:

Got the motor running and it sounds great, so:

Who needs what?

Plastics are nasty and painted with bedliner material, but the fairing stay, headlight, rear subframe, taillight, swingarm and shock, wheels,rotors, exhaust system, all the rest of the stuff will be ready to go....

I have a set of VFR bars and very low mileage stock seat.

I also have a complete transmission, a carbed cylinder head, cams, lotsa little stuff that I want gone...

Up for grabs to my friends here, then .com, then off to ebay.

Think of the face on the little lady as she opens her Christmas Present to find a dirty rear shock...priceless, no?

I could sell the frame with a bill of sale. Titled in Colorado but the seller never got it from his buddy...might be a way to get one but I'm not gonna bother.....

Lemme know who needs what...I want everything gone...

Hey, I am interested in the ZG Sport Touring shield with laminar lip, both in clear.

How much shipped to 48895.

PM Sent also.

Just PM'd ya Pete...

Just sold it to Jowee...heading to Canada in the AM

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, go here for a complete parts listing...http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=76780

Some parts from this bike, some from others and past projects...

PM me for quicker response...

Hank.

• 1 month later...