CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help! Carb overflowing

GimPin

ok I took my carbs apart cleaned them and put them back on. I also added an inline fuel filter on each of the feed lines from the tank. After putting this all together I go to start the bike and it starts pouring gas out .... I lifted the tank and determined that it is coming from one of the 2 rubber hoses that run behind the carbs ... the one that is dumping fuel is the one that goes between the left 2 cyl velocity stacks. What did I screw up??? It wasnt doing this before I pulled the carbs apart.

Just guessing since it's been a while since I had a carbed bike.

1. Did you ensure all seals went on properly when reassembling?

2. Did you ensure all hoses were plugged into the correct ports?

Gas shouldn't pour out (obviously), but since things are held together by air pressure and vacuum, a hose in the wrong place (or a plug missing) can let things overflow real easy.

Those hoses are float bowl vents.

Sounds like a needle isn't sealing on the seat.

Those are tempermental when re-assembling a set of carbs.

I'd drop the float bowls and work the floats up and down and try again.

Its easier to test with an aux fuel tank.

+1

No No NO... he needs to turn down the Fuel pressure regulator.

:icon_whistle:

I believe on his year bike and with his setup the proper way of doing this is to roll your throttle hand (right hand for dummies) forward to the stopped position. :icon_twisted: This is directly connected to this bikes FPR.

i would check the needles as well.. and lets hope it just poured out of the hose and not down into the cylinders and filled the engine with high test.

ugh ... didnt think about that .... I guess I should change the oil too just in case

+1

No No NO... he needs to turn down the Fuel pressure regulator.

:icon_whistle:

I believe on his year bike and with his setup the proper way of doing this is to roll your throttle hand (right hand for dummies) forward to the stopped position. :icon_twisted: This is directly connected to this bikes FPR.

i would check the needles as well.. and lets hope it just poured out of the hose and not down into the cylinders and filled the engine with high test.