CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling my 83 CB1100F

Here is my craigslist ad, just in case any of you have an extra $3k you need to spend.

After several weeks of contemplating and losing sleep over this, I decided to part with my beloved

1983 CB1100F. I am absolutely in love with my 'bird.... As ya'll know, its an amazing machine.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/3131403843.html

Jim

Well shit, Mike. Can't you sell one of them? :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for your kind words. It IS a pretty nice old bike.....

Lots of Old School Cool.

Jim

Oh, you suck.

That was my dream bike when I was in the service. What a beauty.

If I didn't have 7 bikes in the garage, I would be all over this.

you must keep your bike level on an even number.. now you must either sell one, or buy this one or you will have bad luck in the next 15 minutes after reading this.

Is a sweet bike..

Oh, you suck.

That was my dream bike when I was in the service. What a beauty.

If I didn't have 7 bikes in the garage, I would be all over this.

you must keep your bike level on an even number.. now you must either sell one, or buy this one or you will have bad luck in the next 15 minutes after reading this.

Is a sweet bike..

Actually, one of them isn't mine... doing some work on it for a friend. Maybe when it's gone...

I think my wife would notice, though. "How long are you going to be working on that one?" "Oh, it's got a LOT wrong with it... little intermittent things, I need to ride it a lot to diagnose them..."

Is it sold?

No, it isn't sold. I felt obligated to remove the listing for the time being.

Sunday, my g/f and I rode it for a couple of hours and upon returning home, I noticed there was some oil (first thought it was fuel) at the base of the cylinders.

I saw a couple drops land there as I was checking things out. It looks like it was coming from the rear of the valve cover. :icon_frown:

I've got a lot to do preparing for MotoGP vacation next week, so I put off finding the leak till I get back.

One thing I DID find out is that I added too much oil at last change. :icon_redface: When I checked the oil immediately after noticing the leak, I didn't see any sign of foaming,

so hopefully no damage was done. Too much oil.........SHIT!!!!!!!!!! What a bonehead. :icon_wall:

Those bike are so cool - already becomming a classic.

I have a friend who bought his brand new in 1983, and

he still has it - rides it everyday. He's rebuilt the motor

once, and no telling how many miles he now has on it.