CBR1100XX.org Forum

Can someone measure ride height for me?

IcePrick

If you have a fairly stock XX, I need the distance from the leading edge of underside of the lower cowl to the ground as a starting point for the ZX-14 swap suspension setup. Preferably not while it's on the stand, if at all possible...

I had it written down (along with a lot of other stuff), but I can't find it now. Much appreciated if anyone can manage it!

About 115 mm measured at the front chin , bike off the stand , no load ( rider) .

Ideally you should be comparing this measurement with you on the bike , otherwise if non stock springs are stiffer then oem you`ll end up with higher ride height .

25.4 mm = 1 inch

About 115 mm measured at the front chin , bike off the stand , no load ( rider) .

Ideally you should be comparing this measurement with you on the bike , otherwise if non stock springs are stiffer then oem you`ll end up with higher ride height .

25.4 mm = 1 inch

Missed the reply - thanks! I'll be in the garage again this weekend!

Good point on the stiffer springs, I'll have to look the rates up. But it's really just to get an initial rough starting point to adjust from.