CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help

Silverbird2

I'm not sure what you're asking. The blue connector (IIRC) is just there. I think there's a metal band on one of the bolts that crimps around it to hold it steady when the cowling is on.

I'm doing this from what I remember from my work a couple months back. I agree you have to juggle to get it all up in there along with the two air induction lines while trying to mount the upper cowling back on. :icon_wall:

The lower part of that harness goes into a groove on the air duct. Good luck getting it to do that smoothly. :icon_rolleyes:

So that bundle of wires goes on the outside of the ram air duct in that groove? I couldnt remember if it ran on the outside or on the inside somehow. I think last time i had it appart i ran it on the inside and noticed it wasnt right from looking at someone elses bike. It doesnt seem like there is enough slack to go that way is why i went the other way with it last time.

So that bundle of wires goes on the outside of the ram air duct in that groove? I couldnt remember if it ran on the outside or on the inside somehow. I think last time i had it appart i ran it on the inside and noticed it wasnt right from looking at someone elses bike. It doesnt seem like there is enough slack to go that way is why i went the other way with it last time.

It is SUPPOSED TO go into that groove. Of course, Honda didn't bother ensuring the diameter of the harness was less than that groove to make it easy.

For me, it's a pain to get it in there and expect all fasteners to go back on easily, but that's how it is supposed to be routed.

I think this time I used some zip ties to supplement supporting the harness so I could get it all back together easily.

:icon_biggrin:

glad I kept it on my phone now. When putting stuff back together I actually wrapped and ziptied things back better than Honda did. But I am anal :icon_whistle: that way and like to keep things nice and neat.

I'm the same way.