CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB 97-98 taillight backing plate

Trying to help out a new member here and locate the backing housing for a 97-98 taillight.

His newly purchased 99 Bird is lowered and stretched 6inches and has clearance issues with the OEM 99 taillight.

Wanting to convert the taillight from his 99 (big) to the 98 (smaller) style for added clearance.

Bought a new Clear Alternatives Lens and integrated board but needs the stock backing assembly from a 97-98 to tie them in together.

Anyone know of a 97-98 part-out bird?

Yep,I've got one.Cover the shipping charges and its yours or this mystery persons.

Suppose now I have to figure shipping?

Where's it going?How fast do you need it?

Al

Btw,I have a 99,stretched,lowered(swingarm parallel to ground),the only thing in the way is seat lock and just barely at that.I've cut away all the stock fender.Only under a hard launch does it just barely scratch the tire.I'm wondering if his rr shock is too soft?

Hey John/ Al I need the pigtails for my '00 I'll cover Al's shipping to you friends and your friends to me if I can have his old pigtails (with enough wire to get a decent soldering).

Thanks guys,

Justin thanks you as well. he just picked up his Bird and has a friend helping him do the taillight conversion.

Obviously was anxious to get it on the road so his friend fabricated what he needed and cut and soldered the wires and got it lit up this afternoon.

He just signed up on this forum on Sunday but I have not seen him post yet. He will soon though.

I spoke with him this afternoon and maybe has what you need JoWhee. It did get cut on a bit but you may still be able to salvage what you need to be usable.

I spoke with him this afternoon and maybe has what you need JoWhee. It did get cut on a bit but you may still be able to salvage what you need to be usable.

Let me know thanks!

Let me know thanks!

Look in the New Members thread and send him a PM

I let Justin know what you were looking for but as second party information