CBR1100XX.org Forum

Testing the water ...

Seriously, what would you want for that? I'm somewhat interested - and I know this guy at a dealer who might take really good care of you on something new if you brought it to him... ;)

He said $10k above.

Sorry, missed it - had to go back and search. Very nice bike but that's a couple G away from what I could justify.

Worth every penny and more to the right buyer. You have to see this bike in person to appreciate the money that went into it, never mind the time and effort sourcing just about impossible to find parts. Hands down the trickest XX I've ever seen, nothing else comes close.

Good luck with the sale, Howie.

I was lucky enough to buy some of Howie's "reject" parts once upon a time. Needless to say, they were like brand new. Anyone should feel confident to buy this bike and get probably the best XX in the world.

Howie, my brotha from anotha motha! Sorry to see it go but bikes come and go. The new v4 will be a nice steed for you to throw around.

And guys, there is not another XX like this on the planet. I had the pleasure of riding at the sharp end of the stick in Red Bluff with Howie and along with building a bad ass bike, the guy rides like a freakin PRO!

If I had a dime for every time Howie called me up and told me about the next trick bit that this bike has on her...

I'd probably have at least ten bucks.

This is a top notch bike and I'm supremely bummed to not be in the market to buy it. Easily 10k in this machine, not counting the bike, nor the fact that you can't get this stuff anymore.

• 4 months later...

That bike looks so clean,,,,,, I'd have to mount it on a wall. I wonder how many beers were consumed over the many hours it must have taken to construct that testament to the 01' XX.

Been looking for planes to fly and ride, but, conflicted.

Conflicted....... Really ???

You're joking right ???

If I had that bike.... I'd burn mine, (well ok, that might be a little harsh), but you get the idea.

Been looking for planes to fly and ride, but, conflicted.

Conflicted....... Really ???

You're joking right ???

If I had that bike.... I'd burn mine, (well ok, that might be a little harsh), but you get the idea.

Tough call if you're flying addicted... but at $10k it would be a bargin compared to anything with wings.

AH! You bought it? Highly jealous. Were it not for mini-Scott #2 on the way I'd have made a play for it.

Not yet, still waiting for the word.

Second the comment of "possibly the best XX on the Planet."

I sat and stared at it in Red Bluff. Took many pictures.

A true work of art and unobtanium.

Hats off to Howie.

Hope you get it Stan.

• 3 weeks later...