CBR1100XX.org Forum

iPhone 3GS - 16 GB - Black - w/Otterbox case

I got this baby from a guy off the ST.N board. It's in very good shape. The rear side has minor blemishes from not being in a protective case. The screen has a faint scratch on front near the top, hardly noticeable unless you look choose to look right at it.

I'm firm about wanting $100. I paid $90 when I bought it, and since my new iPhone 4 uses a different case style, I'm including the all-black Otterbox defender case (with belt clip/holster...not in pics below...sorry) that I bought for it and one USB power/interface cable.

This iPhone is not upgraded to the latest iOS so that you have the option to put the iPhone into an unteathered jailbreak it if you want to.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PRE-PAID PLANS

This phone works great, and it will work with a pre-paid GoPhone plan from AT&T so you don't need to pay for a contract or even a data plan (just use all the interwebsy stuff via WiFi).

Do your research before attempting. When I got this phone, I was instructed to jailbreak the phone first, and it worked fine for me. However, several sites say jailbreaking the iPhone is only needed if your SIM came from a phone packaged with a promo deal which locks that SIM card into that specific phone it's paired with for about 6 months after activation. In that case, jailbreaking supposedly is a needed step. I've been told since doing all the work that I did that you can just walk into an AT&T store and ask for a SIM card for their pre-paid plan for a phone you have at home.

REGARDING iOS AND JAILBREAKING

This phone is currently running iOS 4.3.3 (8J2). THIS IS THE LATEST iOS THAT CAN BE PUT INTO AN UNTETHERED JAILBREAK (in plain language....you don't need to connect the iPhone to iTunes to reboot/turn on). I reverted the phone to a clean restore of 4.3.3 WITHOUT the jailbreak. So, you can use this phone as is, upgrade to the latest iOS, or jailbreak it if you desire.

IF YOU UPGRADE THE iOS TO ANYTHING NEWER THAN 4.3.3, THE MOST YOU CAN HAVE IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK UNTIL SOMEONE DEVELOPS AN UNTETHERED JAILBREAK FOR THE iOS YOU UPGRADED TO.

SO, DO NOT UPGRADE THE iOS UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU REALLY WANT TO.

I will include a CD of important software and saved web pages you would need to attempt to restore the phone to 4.3.3 if you upgrade and then later change your mind.

PLEASE NOTE THAT iOS 5.0 and higher buggers the iPhone so you can't downgrade UNLESS you saved the SHSH data WHICH IS SPECIFIC TO EACH iPHONE.

There are steps you MUST take BEFORE you upgrade above 4.3.3 to save the SHSH data so that you can later force the iPhone back to 4.3.3 after you upgrade to iOS 5.0 or higher.

THE CD WILL NOT HAVE THE SAVED SHSH DATA ON IT. So, do your research before upgrading the iOS unless you are certain that you never want to revert the iOS back because without a backup of the SHSH data you won't be able to undo the upgrade.

I'm cross posting this listing on two boards. I'll respond to offers based on the time/day stamp of the post/PM indicating someone wants it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...