CBR1100XX.org Forum

A new start

grahamcuk

You can gain a full second by just getting a good rear tyre and alittle work on your launch.

I have run 10.6 on a stock Bird with exhaust and Power commander

I have seen 10.3's run on a stock Bird as well.

Problem is this track is not a full time strip and the surface is not good, as you can see for the you tube clip wheel spin off the line was a hugh problem.

I do see!!!!!

Diffenently will be alot faster on a proper drag strip!

Monday night in the workshop. Going to have a big push at getting Blue T finished. When she is finished she will be up for sale so if anyone fancies the first VelocityShack Turbo Blackbird off the line PM me.

She will be totally stealth apart from the aftermarket cans, She runs very quiet at town speeds and the only give away is the little woosh noise from the dump valve.

Unfortunatly she has to go to finance my new drag bike and as much as I would love to keep her, 3 tuned Blackbirds is greedy.

post-53763-1321900902.jpg

post-53763-1321900926.jpg

post-53763-1321900947.jpg

post-53763-1321900974.jpg

post-53763-1321901004.jpg

post-53763-1321901026.jpg

post-53763-1321901049.jpg

What type of fork conversion do you have done on your drag bike?

P12 ( the bike I was racing at the weekend ) has VTR SP1 forks and the new turbo drag bike has Fireblade RRY forks.

Measured from the top flat of the top cap to the centra of the wheel spindle. Stock Blackbird forks are 773mm

SP1 forks. 756.5mm

top yoke dia. 49.95mm

bottom yoke dia 53.95mm

929- 954 blade fork. 715mm

top yoke dia. 49.95mm

bottom yoke dia 53.95mm

I'm also looking into making a bolt on kit using Busa forks

P12 ( the bike I was racing at the weekend ) has VTR SP1 forks and the new turbo drag bike has Fireblade RRY forks.

Measured from the top flat of the top cap to the centra of the wheel spindle. Stock Blackbird forks are 773mm

SP1 forks. 756.5mm

top yoke dia. 49.95mm

bottom yoke dia 53.95mm

929- 954 blade fork. 715mm

top yoke dia. 49.95mm

bottom yoke dia 53.95mm

Thanks for the numbers on the different forks. If you make a bolt on kit I believe you might be my hero. :icon_biggrin:

So far its delink the bird

install better forks

put turbo on

hold the fuck on. :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the numbers on the different forks. If you make a bolt on kit I believe you might be my hero. :icon_biggrin:

So far its delink the bird

install better forks

put turbo on

hold the fuck on. :icon_twisted:

As I said I'm working on it. should be ready some time in the new year.

Well after a bit of reading on the net it looks like I have to make a decision. If I want to run P12 in the UK straightliners I'll have to put the stock front end back on. Or I put her back to being my road bike and spend a bunch more cash and get Project T finished in time to race next year . First round is Santa Pod 18th March.

The choice of classes I can see my running in are,

9.1 Class

Riders in 9.1 class are allowed to run any of the following:

Nitrous/ Turbo.

Locked up suspension.

Airshifters / Slickshifters

Non-working lights (but they must be fitted)

Racing exhaust with silencer. (Must comply with current noise limit)DUMP PIPES MUST GO INTO SILENCER ON TURBO BIKES

Non-standard swingarm.

Tie Downs

Standard frame.

Wheelbase must not exceed 68" or 1730mm

Bikes to retain standard appearance

Nitrous bikes to reduce the un-burnt fuel exploding on gear changes, loud bangs on gear shifts will result in the bike not being allowed to run at that event until the noise is re-duced to a level deemed acceptable by the clerk of the course.

Ignition cut out lanyards must be fitted and working on all bikes running nitrous or turbo.

Full leathers must be worn along with leather boots, gloves and an ACU approved hel-met with a visible 2 ringed gold sticker.

10.1 Class

No Turbo / Nitrous (unless the turbo is standard for that bike e.g. Kawasaki GPZ 750 turbo).

Standard frame and forks.

Working lights and horn.

Non-standard swingarms (eg long) are allowed.

Roadside pump petrol only.

If a bike is designed to have shock absorbers fitted then they must be fitted and in good working order.

Machines must be fitted with a silencer and must not exceed 101dB

Air shifters and quickshifters

Tie Downs are allowed

Leather boots, gloves, one piece or two piece zip together leathers, ACU approved helmet with a visible 2 ringed gold sticker must be worn. (Full leathers are highly recom-mended)

I have no intention of drag racing my bird. I just enjoy riding it, does suck with the speed limit at 55mph and the XX doesn't feel as if its moving till 75mph so you just pick and choose where you play. :icon_biggrin:

This is what P12 normally looks like. built for the twisty bits and the straight bits in between. 3 and a half year of blood and spanners.

post-53763-1322088383.jpg

Pretty. Do you call it your precious?

I would.

I call her my "resson" the resson I look forward to a dry day , the resson I spend hours making bits in my workshop , the resson my bank is empty, the resson I have a massive smile on my face when I've been for a ride. lol

Drag racing is expensive......

How fa$$$$$$$$t do you want to go?

Doesn't have to be Hank.I'm always broke and I've gone 9.67,which sadly is becoming a distant memory as I've gotten slower the last 2 years after getting consistly quicker for the first 7! My biggest expense was the used arm/shock from Dean (which I considered a can't miss opportunity).All in all just the racing modes to the bike would have cost me about $1200,but factor in pulling apart the motor for new rings and then paying large to have it fixed since my friend forgot a couple dowels and an o-ring-another $700.

I could run that 10.1 class without the s/arm,but I am lighter than most .

Drag racing is expensive......

How fa$$$$$$$$t do you want to go?

Doesn't have to be Hank.I'm always broke and I've gone 9.67,which sadly is becoming a distant memory as I've gotten slower the last 2 years after getting consistly quicker for the first 7! My biggest expense was the used arm/shock from Dean (which I considered a can't miss opportunity).All in all just the racing modes to the bike would have cost me about $1200,but factor in pulling apart the motor for new rings and then paying large to have it fixed since my friend forgot a couple dowels and an o-ring-another $700.

I could run that 10.1 class without the s/arm,but I am lighter than most .

You can run in a reasonably sane class like that without going broke. No doubt what-so-ever -- just maintain the bike properly and have fun!

My issue stems from the fact that I'm an adrenaline junky and I just kept getting used to going a certain amount of fast -- I also had some pretty lofty ambitions. If business picks up again, I plan to finish the trike and take that on the track for grins too.

Just had a guy turn up at my workshop, saw me on P12 last Saturday and liked my swingarm and now wants me to do one for his Bandit 1200. Result!!!!

See, drag racing does pay. :icon_biggrin:

Just had a guy turn up at my workshop, saw me on P12 last Saturday and liked my swingarm and now wants me to do one for his Bandit 1200. Result!!!!

See, drag racing does pay. :icon_biggrin:

:icon_biggrin:

As the racing companies say, "Win on Sunday, paid on Monday." All you had to do was show up and you're going to get paid!

That's not bad.. The exchanger looks well sized, I'm just not certain you'll get much temperature drop from that style of intercooler -- would need to see how it is designed. 450 CFM is roughly 300 HP, give or take, certainly more in hotter climates.

My issue stems from the fact that I'm an adrenaline junky and I just kept getting used to going a certain amount of fast -- I also had some pretty lofty ambitions. If business picks up again, I plan to finish the trike and take that on the track for grins too.

I suffer from the same issue,I just haven't been able to pay for what I want.The bike is becoming a matter of "should I bother,or should I pursue something else?" kinda thing.A local guy just went 8.90 on a 2007 ZX14 this year,with nothing more than a 6" stretch,Muzzy sidewinder and elect assist shifter.

My new job is at a Kaw/Arctic Cat dealer and there is this new ZX14R.......

Here are some pic's of the hot side of my system.

My veiw on changing to another bike is this , is the cost of buying the new bike plus preping it cost affective? compared to tuning the one you have. To me personaly, the building is as much fun as the ride , more so maybe !!!!

The challenge to me would be making my bike as quick as the rest. At the end of the day the man with the deepest pockets ( with a little skill) will go the fastest , so with that in mind it's the taking part thats important and being as good as you can be. A personal best is my greatest reward.

post-53763-1322556167.jpg

post-53763-1322556180.jpg

post-53763-1322556203.jpg

post-53763-1322556225.jpg

post-53763-1322556249.jpg

post-53763-1322556268.jpg

post-53763-1322556294.jpg

post-53763-1322556307.jpg

post-53763-1322556409.jpg

post-53763-1322556435.jpg

Oil line kit for Garret T25 -T28 -GT25 -GT28 turbos. Includes oil gallery adaptor, feed line, oil flow restrictor, turbo drain adaptor and sump adaptor.

post-53763-1322576564.jpg

post-53763-1322576587.jpg

• 1 month later...