CBR1100XX.org Forum

0 - 6 inch over Blackbird Swingarm

grahamcuk

Guys, I've known Graham for a while now and his work is very nice.

This is a pre-production unit and can be finished to taste, or not...your choice.

This design does a couple things.. it adds strength to the back of the arm, it does away with long pieces of threaded rod sticking out the back, and you don't have to worry about using increasing longer bolts if they were mounted in the front. It's infinitely adjustable.

It's a precision piece with a SS threaded insert which replaces the axle nut while the standard axle can still be used.

After the original block is cut off, the opening is finished and each block is individually machined for a press fit.

The welding is done by a aircraft certified welder and a solid dowel is machined in the bottom and welded as further strengthing.

IIRC, Graham had a finished unit stress tested and it proved way stronger than necessary.

Longer or shorter extensions may be available at some point and they will be offered for FI as well as carbed BB's.

Graham, feel free to correct, add, whatever, as necessary.... :icon_biggrin:

Hank

As soon as I get in the shop on Monday I'll post better pics. Anyone in the States, Canada or South America please contact Hank for sales.

The arms will be made to order and will be available for Fi and carbie in 4, 6 and 8 inch over. The arms will be available unfinished, polished or a combination of powered coated and polish.

As usual, your completed works do not disappoint, Graham!

One of these days I will end up in your backyard for work and need to swing in and see your work in person...

Take me with you?

:icon_biggrin:

One of these days I will end up in your backyard for work and need to swing in and see your work in person...

Take me with you?

In my lap if I had to!!

Take me with you?

In my lap if I had to!!

Both you guys are very welcome in my home anytime.

Great pics

Have you ever attended the BlackBird Bash in Thetford?

I was there this past year and attended for 8 previous years.

Thought maybe I had met you but just didn't know it!!

I am called Florida John when in England since my real name is John Smith and I stay at the home of John (Jaws) and Maureen Smith while on holiday there.

Great pics

Have you ever attended the BlackBird Bash in Thetford?

I was there this past year and attended for 8 previous years.

Thought maybe I had met you but just didn't know it!!

I am called Florida John when in England since my real name is John Smith and I stay at the home of John (Jaws) and Maureen Smith while on holiday there.

No not made it up there it's a far old haul up there from Devon.

No not made it up there it's a far old haul up there from Devon

Devon is a lot closer than Fort lauderdale, Florida is !

Can't argue with that LOL I really must get my ass up there next year. hopefully have my turbo Bird finished by then.

Devon is a lot closer than Fort Lauderdale, Florida is !

Can't argue with that LOL I really must get my ass up there next year. hopefully have my turbo Bird finished by then.

Ha ha it does sound funny hearing Poms talk about how far places are :icon_whistle: One of the guys on the local Perth WA forums did a similar distance (Perth-Geraldton and back) as a day trip not long ago and the missus has been up to Gero to visit her sister for a weekend :icon_surprised:

Devon is a lot closer than Fort lauderdale, Florida is !

I hope to be there myself again next year.

Looks like John (Jaws) and his wife Maureen may even get over here to the States in 2012.

Devon is a lot closer than Fort Lauderdale, Florida is !

Ha ha it does sound funny hearing Poms talk about how far places are :icon_whistle: One of the guys on the local Perth WA forums did a similar distance (Perth-Geraldton and back) as a day trip not long ago and the missus has been up to Gero to visit her sister for a weekend :icon_surprised:

I may have been born a pom, but I grow up in NZ and have spent a far amount of time in OZ too. As a kid in Auckland my family wouldn't think twice about driving 150-200 k's to visit freinds or go to the beach for the day. In the UK its not the distance thats the problem it's the time it take to get anywhere because of the volume of traffic. I did a 500mile round trip for work a few weeks ago it took just short of 20 hour thats an average road speed of only 25 mph. At one point on the M6 we did not move for an hour and a half, 3 lanes of motorway solid as far as the eye could see.

I'm asking you this question not out of non-belief of the product. It sure does look nice.

Who would be interested in this? A drag racer? Is this a labor of love for you or a business?

Again, no sarchasm or harm intended in my question but the lack of reply begs me to ask the question that others may not necessarily feel comfortable asking.

I'm asking you this question not out of non-belief of the product. It sure does look nice.

Who would be interested in this? A drag racer? Is this a labor of love for you or a business?

Again, no sarchasm or harm intended in my question but the lack of reply begs me to ask the question that others may not necessarily feel comfortable asking.

Not a problem, it's a little of colum A and a little of colum B, Yes it is aimed at the drag or stretched and lowered market. A lot of what I do is out of a labor of love but as was pointed out to me a lot of what I do has a market.

I have recently been developing a bolt on turbo kit for the Fi bikes and i'm extending the development into the Carbie models. I have sold a number of the Brembo kits I made and have help a number of BB owner to mod their bikes.

I appreciate the reply. It sure is a beautiful piece....

I sarchastically say I hate people like you because I am jealous of people like you. You have such a tallent to be able to make things like that and I wish I had some sort of artsy tallent.

Good luck...I hope you sell 100 of them !

Not a problem, it's a little of colum A and a little of colum B, Yes it is aimed at the drag or stretched and lowered market. A lot of what I do is out of a labor of love but as was pointed out to me a lot of what I do has a market.

I have recently been developing a bolt on turbo kit for the Fi bikes and i'm extending the development into the Carbie models. I have sold a number of the Brembo kits I made and have help a number of BB owner to mod their bikes.

Swingarm is not my cup of tea but skills it takes to make stuff like that I can appreciate.

Now talk to me about this bolt on turbo for FI birds.... :icon_evilgrin: I want simple installation, sleeper effect, and I don't need 500HP but close to 200hp at the tire would be nice.

Swingarm is not my cup of tea but skills it takes to make stuff like that I can appreciate.

Now talk to me about this bolt on turbo for FI birds.... :icon_evilgrin: I want simple installation, sleeper effect, and I don't need 500HP but close to 200hp at the tire would be nice.

I like curves instead of straight lines, but I too appreciate the work done on that swingarm. It is a work of art compared to those bolt on extensions that I see on " STREET RACERS".

The turbo will probably be way out of my price range, but I would love to see it anyway.

I like curves instead of straight lines, but I too appreciate the work done on that swingarm. It is a work of art compared to those bolt on extensions that I see on " STREET RACERS".

The turbo will probably be way out of my price range, but I would love to see it anyway.

Yep, love the twisites myself, hope to add another bike to the stable soon that would be lighter and easier to flick around turns. That means the XX would be lonely so a turbo would cheer it up.

I don't need to go faster, but would like to have the option. I am also certain a turbo is cheaper than a newer bike. :icon_biggrin:

Another reason for the adjustable arm is to be able to use the power engine mods or turbocharging adds.

At stock wheelbase, my turbo is a handfull and as such, doesn't get exercised enough, but if the wheelbase were 2" or 3" longer, it would calm it right down. Imagine being able to keep the front wheel close to the ground with say...225HP driving the bike forward and not up?

Do you have any idea how hard that bitch would accelerate?

2"-2 1/2" isn't going to affect cornering much so you can have your cake and eat it too.

4" ought to be plenty for all but the 350-400HP and up bikes and guys that have them aren't really concerned about corner speed.

That's where the adjustability comes into play...helping the bike do everything well.

Hank