CBR1100XX.org Forum

HRC Paint Codes?

BobZ

Hello all. I have been trying to get the paint codes for my Bird, which I bought from Furious (Jake) a couple months ago; I have not been able to reach him and I need to touch-up some chips here & there. Can anyone help? I searched online and it seems that the codes are different for the Red, White & Blue used depending on the year/model. Here is a pic if it helps:

post-33934-1319811176.jpg

Hello all. I have been trying to get the paint codes for my Bird, which I bought from Furious (Jake) a couple months ago; I have not been able to reach him and I need to touch-up some chips here & there. Can anyone help? I searched online and it seems that the codes are different for the Red, White & Blue used depending on the year/model. Here is a pic if it helps:

I think it's going to cost a lot of money to paint the whole bike with black touch-up paint. I recommend that you take it to a pro and let them shoot the whole thing with a sprayer. A couple of wads of $100 and a week or so and everything will look like it should again... :icon_rolleyes:

Ya, I know... I'm very helpful. It's a gift. :icon_evilgrin:

I think it's going to cost a lot of money to paint the whole bike with black touch-up paint. I recommend that you take it to a pro and let them shoot the whole thing with a sprayer. A couple of wads of $100 and a week or so and everything will look like it should again... :icon_rolleyes:

Ya, I know... I'm very helpful. It's a gift. :icon_evilgrin:

I can do better than that. I have a perfectly good set of black plastics I'll trade you straight across. Provided yours has no broken mounting points.

what is that oranger stuff on the hood of you hummer?

i got nothing for the paint codes other than take it to a pro and see it they can match it up.

I'll keep searching.

I know nothing about the Hummer - that pic was sent to me by Jake so it must be his.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I did not get the paint codes since the painter no longer has them; however, they appear to be the colors from the 2006 VFR Special Edition - anyone know where I can get the paint codes from based on that?

Call one of the Paint Suppliers in your area that deals with body shops and see if they have those codes in their data base.

My guess is that Colorite isn't giving any codes out to protect their overpriced product line but who knows.

My local supplier said he had the paint mix for the paint code on my 97.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a VFR forum and find a guy who owns an 07 with the tri-tone paint.

The paint codes may be on his frame, just like they are on the Blackbirds.

I'd also get in touch with a Honda Motorcycle dealer for some help.

Maybe PM racer 212 as he's a dealer.

Here , http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm...FTOKEN=59632292 , pain codes ,etc . Paint codes mean in this case nothing .

What you really need is paint mixing formulas for given paint manufacturer like PPG , Glasurit , Dupond ,etc . Little dirty secret is nobody bothers to develop those formulas for motorcycle specific paint ( potential market is just too small ) so unless the same color happens to be used in auto line , like with BMW or Honda sometimes , you are out of lack .

Having said that I seriously doubt your bike was painted with material mixed by formulas . Colorite paint is just heinously expensive , my guess is paint was mixed by some experienced guy , he got it as close as possible to HRC paint samples or they just decided to go with colors they liked on certain cars .

Next time I`m at my cousin`s shop I`ll run those paint codes on his paint computer ( glasurit ) but I seriously doubt it is going to yield any results .

Thanks again all. I just need to touch up a few spots on the front fender with the Blue; I can probably get by with a generic tube of White & Red from Wal-mart for a couple other tiny places since those colors look pretty basic. But the Blue is one that I want as close to what is on it now.

Happy Holidays everyone...Bob Z.