CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD.... oldWing

SOLD!!! :icon_surprised:

I'm selling my Goldwing and gonna upgrade to a newer one... These are great companion bikes to XX's. As much as a XX is a hot-rod, this is kinda like a Sport Utility Bike (SUB). I love it, and am getting another slightly newer because a friend is all but giving one away... But, for short $$ it's an incredibly useful and fun bike that's hard not to love!

I'm seriously happy to sell it to anyone I know as it's been a wonderful bike for me and has no disappointments -

Contact me - and I'll work on the price for member…

1981 Honda Goldwing

Milage ~ 79k

Tires: Front = +50% left, rear = ~40% tread left

Everything works as it should including the air suspension.

I've put a bunch of work into this bike as I originally bought it as a "flipper", but my investment quickly out priced the value of the bike. I have more than this into it, but I'm looking for a quick sale. Although it's a 30 year old bike - I take good care of my stuff and this is my daily rider, it's well maintained and is always a joy to ride!

Work I've got into the bike includes:

New front rotors < 1000 miles ago

Fork/Seals rebuild ~ 3000 miles ago

Timing belts replaced ~ 3000 miles ago

Waterpump replaced ~ 3000 miles ago

All front engine gaskets ~ 3000 miles ago

Radiator/hoses replaced ~ 3000 miles ago

Set valves ~ 3000 miles ago

New Battery ~ 12 months

Replaced front wheel bearings < 500 miles ago

Regular oil/fluid changes

All finish work is in good to very good condition

The bike has always started great, runs cool - even in hot weather, and is a joy to drive/own.

The only quirks the bike has are:

the throttle side exhaust has a leak - easily touched up.

Tach cable broke - I have one on order

oil drain plug stripped (last oil change) - I replaced it with a "oversize" plug that has a smaller S/S drain plug in it.

I know you won't find a better bike for the money. I'll be keeping this seat and putting on a better/newer one also.

More pics here--->http://gallery.me.com/mtrus/101567

web.jpg

If you were closer this bike would be mine.

Seriously though....If you want me to post this on the GL1800 board without the "work with you" part....I bet it goes in 24 hours or less.

Let me know.

I can meet you... half way? Toledo? Better yet - send me the money, I'll put it on ice for you and we can work out delivery whenever its convenient. I have room to store it and will put it on a tender with a cover... :-)

Id really appreciate anything you can do to get the word around. It's a solid bike that just needs a good home.

Damn man, get some organization in that garage. Sheeeesh.......

My maid had the day off.. sorry.

If you were closer this bike would be mine.

Seriously though....If you want me to post this on the GL1800 board without the "work with you" part....I bet it goes in 24 hours or less.

Let me know.

I can meet you... half way? Toledo? Better yet - send me the money, I'll put it on ice for you and we can work out delivery whenever its convenient. I have room to store it and will put it on a tender with a cover... :-)

Id really appreciate anything you can do to get the word around. It's a solid bike that just needs a good home.

Damn man, get some organization in that garage. Sheeeesh.......

My maid had the day off.. sorry.

I'm heading out Dave's way in a couple of weeks.. I can ride it out there

That is a great deal, I loved my old wing (same year). Have you tried to sell it on http://nakedgoldwings.com/ ?

I would... but, I don't have enough posts. :icon_silenced:

Come on! Someone buy this! $2k and you ride it away!

• 2 weeks later...
WEEKEND SPECIAL --->>> :icon_drool::icon_biggrin::icon_eek:

Your killing me with this. ...if I was not still catching up from my daughters college tuition and wedding I would be all over it

If someone don't buy it this weekend, then Im probably gonna part it out... :icon_cry:

It's actually worth more in pieces... but, it's a great runner and I hate to do that. :icon_banghead:

Food for thought if'n someone wants to make some extra xmas money...

I'll still honor my price to anyone that checked in with me this weekend - or if you know the price... but, otherwise - it's back up to $2200 - and, I'm gonna get the torch out in a couple of weeks and start taking it apart!!! :icon_evilgrin:

I am checking my piggy bank ...

It would be a shame to part it out.

Come get it... I'm sure we can work something out. I hate to part it out too... I'll throw in an extra set of forks, a spare gas tank, and a set of front floor boards that you can use to offset the price if you want.

Got a brother out on the west coast who's lookin' at it too. I picked up my 83 tonight.

I'll still honor my price to anyone that checked in with me this weekend - or if you know the price... but, otherwise - it's back up to $2200 - and, I'm gonna get the torch out in a couple of weeks and start taking it apart!!! :icon_evilgrin:

Was out of town this weekend.

How far from Louisville Ky area?

Was out of town this weekend.

How far from Louisville Ky area?

He's 350 miles damn near straight north... what's that, 6-ish hours...?

Tach Cable = inbound, s/b here today or tomorrow.

Miles to Michigan = what Fiona said... about 6 hours north. Funny thing is Im headed to LittleRock this weekend - in a car!

I have a human that has a "more than luke warm" interest. He wants to trade me for a really sharp Magna - that I will in turn flip...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/2626794987.html