CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Pressure Regulator

everydayrider99

Ok, so I need a FPR for a 99XX.

I have been on turbo city's webpage and can not locate one. I can only find one for an st1300. If anyone has the link to the one I need it would be appreciated. Or if anyone suggests one from another place, let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

Also, I have done the search on this site already and have read up plenty. This is why I went to turbo city. Is there is a write up on how to exactly change this part out. I pulled the fairings and propped up the tank, but my service manual is shitted up and vague.

Ok, so I need a FPR for a 99XX.

I have been on turbo city's webpage and can not locate one. I can only find one for an st1300. If anyone has the link to the one I need it would be appreciated. Or if anyone suggests one from another place, let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

Also, I have done the search on this site already and have read up plenty. This is why I went to turbo city. Is there is a write up on how to exactly change this part out. I pulled the fairings and propped up the tank, but my service manual is shitted up and vague.

Dealer. If you don't have time or decent dealer, Partsman can ship you one.

There's a clean untarnished service manual on this site if you look.

Its a very easy remove and replace.

Sounds good guys, thanks.

I replied to you post on the other site with some info. Very easy to change. 10 min. start to finish. Just lifted the tank in the front (have near empty tank if possible) Used an adjustable wrench and pliers for the fuel clamp. Get something to plug the fuel line if you can while you change the FPR. I used a bolt, no good as fuel leaked around the threads. :icon_biggrin:

Sounds good guys, thanks.

I replied to you post on the other site with some info. Very easy to change. 10 min. start to finish. Just lifted the tank in the front (have near empty tank if possible) Used an adjustable wrench and pliers for the fuel clamp. Get something to plug the fuel line if you can while you change the FPR. I used a bolt, no good as fuel leaked around the threads. :icon_biggrin:

Oh one more thing. I unplugged the wire going to the #4 injector for a tiny bit more room. Blew out the connector with air before I reconnect it as there was a bit of fuel in and around it. :icon_biggrin:

OK, so tank is propped up, I pulled all the necessary hoses and what not, plugged fuel line, etc. All that is left is the FPR sticking out of the rail. Do I have to loosen that big nut??? It is tough, and I remember reading about someone either bending their rail doing this or was concerned about bending the rail.

I posted to be carefull about bending the rail. Like any line connection, you want to hold both ends with wrenches.

I don't remember the exact sizes now, 24 and 27mm I think. That said, I used a close to size standard wrench and a crescent wrench the last time with good results.

The FPR is sealed with the O rings on the pipe between the regulator and the rail, not really the fitting that mounts it. Mine was not hard to loosen.

It is really much easier than you will think. Just get two wrenches and do it.

I posted to be carefull about bending the rail. Like any line connection, you want to hold both ends with wrenches.

I don't remember the exact sizes now, 24 and 27mm I think. That said, I used a close to size standard wrench and a crescent wrench the last time with good results.

The FPR is sealed with the O rings on the pipe between the regulator and the rail, not really the fitting that mounts it. Mine was not hard to loosen.

It is really much easier than you will think. Just get two wrenches and do it.

so in other words... quit being a pussy and get it done. gotcha

So...............

Did the FPR fix the fueling problem?

Are you going for a Labor Day ride?

Ok, I placed my order through SHSflowersports. I used a fake name because I don't know all of the rules of the forum yet. Anyway, 50 dollars with shipping for a 2001 FPR. Placed the order the 28th, and I check the order status everyday. They still haven't even shipped the damn thing. I understand the weekends and holiday and shit, but at least get it out by Friday. I ordered some shit from shmike schmandit the next day and everything was on my porch this morning.