CBR1100XX.org Forum

brake light stuck on

biggo4

Have a look at the switch connected to the rear brakes, maybe it got bumped out of it's bracket or just needs an adjustment. Did you lower your pegs, or adjust the height of the pedal recently?

It probably the rear as it gets covered in cack. Either

[1] disconnect one wire from the front brake light switch and see if they go out or not

[2] push the rear brake switch up and see if the light goes out.

I've had my rear get stuck once or twice. I've just disconnected the spring pulled it out and sprayed a bit of lube on it. Pushed it in/out until it's all nice and free and stuck it back on....remembering to readjust if required.

[1] disconnect one wire from the front brake light switch and see if they go out or notUnhook the rear brake light switch

I've had my rear get stuck once or twice. I've just disconnected the spring pulled it out and sprayed a bit of lube on it. Pushed it in/out until it's all nice and free and stuck it back on....remembering to readjust if required.

I second this advice.

[1] disconnect one wire from the front brake light switch and see if they go out or notUnhook the rear brake light switch

I second this advice.

3rd the advice.