CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: CLUTCH BASKET

Actually, I would prefer the entire clutch assembly, but the basket and the inner hub are the parts with all the wear from drag racing.

No high-mileage (over 40K) units, please.

Thanks for looking.

Actually, I would prefer the entire clutch assembly, but the basket and the inner hub are the parts with all the wear from drag racing.

No high-mileage (over 40K) units, please.

Thanks for looking.

Sorry to be questioning all of your drag racing decisions, but that is the opposite direction the rest of us BB drag racers went -- more surface area to be had on a 5-spring (more plates) and there are multi-stage lockups, sliders, and a Tim Hays convertible clutch available for the 5 spring pre-FI version. I think MRE had a 2-stage lockup for the 6 spring and that was it.on

Feel free to tell me to butt out too. :icon_silenced:

All great suggestions, but 8 years ago there weren't as many choices and I was working on a budget. I only have a single-stage MRE, and when I bought that, they said they had never done one for the 6-spring version. I also have a Brock Davidson clutch cushion (BB prototype) which only allows you 6 fibers. Using MTC fibers and chrome-plated steels, I have all the surface I need for an almost stock motor. I even had to use ZRX1200 (shorter) clutch springs to get static soft enough for a clean launch. MTC plates are "the shit". You just have to use all thick plates for a Busa. I bracket race so as long as it's consistent, I'm good. Usually don't fix things if they ain't broke, but the original basket is looking very tired.

BTW, my winnings so far this year total $4550.00 with a max of $500 for a win. I don't want to start from scratch now. Planning on going to the NHRA Div. 4 ET finals in Ennis, TX this year. If I can win that, it's off to Pomona, CA in Nov.

BTW, my winnings so far this year total $4050.00 with a max of $500 for a win. I don't want to start from scratch now. Planning on going to the NHRA Div. 4 ET finals in Ennis, TX this year. If I can win that, it's off to Pomona, CA in Nov.

That ROCKS!!! Good luck.

Hey Jon I think I have one at home. I'll be back mid week and let you know.

Seems like mine had about 5000 miles on it when I switched.

Sweet! Let me know.